Sign in to follow this  
noinimod

Word of Caution to Potential SHURE Customers

As most people would know, the Shure distro has been changed to Grandtech. I had to go down to RMA my faulty e4c. One of the two guys in Grandtech actually posts in HWZ as a representative. In fact, I liaised with him before heading down. He told me my e4c/scl4 no longer in production, so it would be changed with the se420, and that there would be stock for 1-1 exchange.

So I went down, was asked politely by a lady to wait for the Shure technical guy (uncle).

Uncle: Where is it? (with hand stretched out) <- Exact words, not even a proper “hello”, no smile, nada.

So I pass it to him and tell him the problem.

Uncle: We have to test the set first for a few days and you must come back again. No 1-1 exchange, need to wait.

Okaay, I can’t understand why the testing has to be a few days. I guess they burn-in faulty IEMs too eh? So I offered my ipod for him to test on the spot and took it out, but he said no; he just came off as a no-compromise guy. He told me to wait while he went to the back, presumably to test it.

continued in next post in case the forum fails to display the loong text again

He came back with his colleague and told me I must wait a few days.

Me: Hmm, so no 1-1 exchange huh? But your guy told me there is SE420 stock?

He looked at me like I was talking bullsh*t and went, “Who say?”

So I told him the long story about this grandtech guy posting in hwz and told me I could 1-1 blablbla.

Turns out the dude standing beside him was The One.

Me: “Hmm, last time ban leong is 1-1 exchange right?”

Uncle: "Ban Leong is Ban Leong. They do things their way, we do things our way. Now no stock; even if got stock also must test few days"

Okay, now I’m quite p!ssed already. Test earphones also need to test few days, like I wanna spoil my IEMs on purpose so I can RMA? And so you can check whether it was user-fault?

Me: Eh but you said blablla online <- before I could finish, he cut me off and said, “You cannot believe what they say online. It’s not true. That’s not what we said, and that’s not us. IT’S NOT US, IT’S NOT US

By now, i was fuming. Fair enough that the Grandtech dudes don’t know what each other is doing, but to outright try and push all responsibility away even AFTER I tell you that’s exactly what one of your guys told me… is just plain wrong and unprofessional. After that, i heck care the uncle and spoke with the HWZ “rep” instead. He couldn’t offer much assistance either.

Anyhow, be prepared to get poor and rude treatment if you ever need to RMA any Shure earphones. People say good companies go the extra mile for the customer, but right now Grandtech not only does not go the CURRENT mile, they make you feel like you have to go the mile yourself. I believe there’re not many of such complains yet because they’re still new, but if they keep this up, I have no doubt they are going to go downhill.

I didn't feel like i was going there for IEM servicing; it felt like going there for a negotiation and my IEMs were up to their mercy whether they get serviced/replaced

I honestly feel it’s very sad, because I frequent headfi and always read of the superb customer service given to the Shure USA customers. The only justification for me to purchase locally.. even with the exhorbitant prices is at least some assurance of good aftersales support. If something that basic is not given, why should I bother anymore? Sad that us Singapore consumers are getting the short end of the stick

Edited by noinimod

I had my e5c RMA recently but not with Grandtech and the sales person was very polite but had to wait a wk for them to ship in the new scl5 from hk.

Guest qrqrqr

never bought/rma shure stuffs before but sounds like you met a stuck up technical guy(uncle) who was in a bad mood.

did they promise you that they will repair it or TESTING only then go back.

if no repair then its really time for shure to do something ;x

Just an idea, try sending "Cyric" a PM. He started a thread announcing the change of dealership. He might be able to note your experience. I believe customer satisfaction is still a measure on customer support. He might be able to explain or sort out what went wrong.

A few of my friends was able to meet him and see him at Stereo at PS and he seems to be a nice guy from what I've heard from them. =)

Yea Cyriic is a good person. I'm liaising with him now. The uncle (not Cyriic) is another beast altogether tho

Nice to hear that. You may want to update in your 1st post about the current status.

Guest dragonboy

Maybe wrong date, wrong time and also wrong person... :grin:

At least your problem solved. :thumbup:

Just thought i should update my situation here.

Cyriic handled my case with great grace and patience. For that, i am thankful.

It's been more or less resolved already with just some minor issues left, but i'm sure he'll see to it and get things done.

Assuring to know he kept his word and went beyond the call of duty - the sort of customer service that'd bring a smile to your face and make you feel like THE customer - which is exceedingly rare these days.

It is, however, a shame that he is not exactly the 'customer service representative', cos i think he'll do a damn good job of it.

I know i shouldn't be saying this, especially since Cyriic's gonna get more work on his hands for this (Sorry Cyriic :grin:), but if any of you guys ever have to go down Grandtech for any Shure-related stuff, please do look for him if you want to be well taken care of.

As for what really happened (the in-depth details), let's just say ANY customer - even the most demanding ones - would be more than well pleased ;)

Thanks again Cyriic

Edited by noinimod

great to heard about the positive experience you have back with SHURE! Great to see that there is someone willing to do the extra mile for customer! Great job Cyriic!

ANy one got cyric's contact?? or know whether he is still working inside cause his last active oct last year... My E5C left driver is dead need to RMA :cry:

Guest dragonboy

ANy one got cyric's contact?? or know whether he is still working inside cause his last active oct last year... My E5C left driver is dead need to RMA :cry:

Since he haven't been posting anything new for Shure, likely he jump ship liao. :smoke: