Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Your favourite/most hated cinema in Singapore

Don't ask me why i am asking this, I don't know too! I just want to see a general opinion of what people think is the best/worst cinema branch in Singapore. Hm?

i hate PS GV .. always no good seats when comes to i and my friends turn ! happy.gif

but bugis ... shaw is kinda good .... thought alot of people but still got very good position sit ! laugh.gif

I think all the cinemas are generally okay, none of them bad enough to hate.

I only hate other cinema goers. Those %$##@ who refuse to turn off their handphones and actually answer all their calls, those #$%* who turn up late, those #$%&* who seem to to the toilet every 30 minutes, those #$%&* who give a running commentary to their friends while watching the movie instead of keeping their traps shut...etc etc etc etc. My favourite time to go to the cinema is on weekdays to catch morning shows, when its practically empty and I have my choice of seats. Every now and then I take leave to do that.

Edited by av98m

I want to add on to av98m's hate list.

Those that keeps talking about their BGR problem, family problem, work problem, what the hack problem, etc problem, 5 to 10 minutes b4 the starting of the show when audience is sitting in. Affecting the mood of everyone beside them. dry.gif

Yeah! I agree! I thought the point of going out for a movie is to relax and forget about all your personal problems in the first place! You also get this kind of people when you go on overseas holidays. mad.gif

Oh, and just to add something that's relevant to this thread, I do remember the old Capitol cinema being not very good for movie watching. The reason is that sound from outside leaks into the theatre. I remember watching a movie there many years ago. I was totally immersed until suddenly I head raining from outside, and some motocycles racing by. Completely spoiled the experience.

Edited by av98m

Gosh! this group of people is everywhere in the world! The world is in trouble! We need Superman to save the world. lol.gif

same here ... WOo ... the woorst is that when i at the best point of show someone handphone rings !! i really wanna kill him man or ya there are some dumbies ... i think is kid or teenage .. they will throw the pop con to the back sometime to the front making me feel sick yucky.gif and stickly ! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

You haven't met people playing with their light saber during the actual screening of star wars.

I wondered are they fans or simply S.O.B.

One of the worst cinema is at Hougang Mall i think.

The pins falling from the bowling alley can be heard in the theatre.Surround sound too since it is one level above the cinema.

Edited by augustineRS

fav cinema for watching movies : Shaw beach road : big screens, big cinema, easy to get tickets, and usually very empty(hence, no irritating people talking behind you)

fav cinema for sound : Imax at GV grand : best sound I've heard in any cinema(watched matrix there, had sweet spot seats, fabulous)

fav cinema for seats : GV gold class : need I say more smile.gif

worst cinema for watching movies : Lido classics,2,3 : small screens, small cinema, lots of people talking, and the irritating pillars at the sides.

worst cinema for sound : lido classics : what's with the pillars and staircase on the left side of the cinema breaking up the sound...

worst cinema for seats : Lido : cramped....

honorable mentions : Orchard cineleisure : good overall cinema, but worst crowd.

Century Square Tampines : for 11am weekday watching.

(no one's around)

Chris

PS. the irony of it all, is that I end up watching most of my movies in Lido.

Side story, I watched ROTK at Lido, there was a family sitting along my row, 2 seats down next to the aisle, and they let their 3-4yr old daughter run up and down, screaming and yelling, the stairs with absolutely no consideration to the other cinema goers (she had a bell on her ankle and those squeeking shoes). And the guy on my right was on the phone 30% of the movie.

lucky I'm not a LOTR fan, and was watching it cos of my gf. boy was she pissed....

Edited by yongchris

Well I don't live in S'pore but I have to say I like the BlueWater cinema in Kent, England when it is during the weekday - great surround sound and totally isolated from outside noise.

HOWEVER, I like to go when it is empty not because other people annoy me, but rather I like to comment all the way through making jokes at the movies with my friends tongue.gif I really want to write a piss-take movie on that latest Star Wars film!! Also in the James Bond film the lady behind told me to go buy the DVD and watch it at home lol!

On behalf of all us annoying arse-holes that ruin your films I would like to say sorry!!! But we just can't help it, we have over active imaginations and find some things in the films very silly and have to comment!!!

Thank-you for understanding! blush.gif

On behalf of all us annoying arse-holes that ruin your films I would like to say sorry!!! But we just can't help it, we have over active imaginations and find some things in the films very silly and have to comment!!!

Thank-you for understanding! blush.gif

My friends and I like to comment on movies too.......AFTER we finish watching them. Thank goodness we're on different continents! You people really help to boost DVD sales. wink.gif

Edited by av98m

I like the Cathay multiplex at Causeway Point, Woodlands. Comfy and all. Sound quality is good and never too loud. The cinemas at Bugis Junction tend to test my spl threshold. tongue.gif