Sign in to follow this  
Mr_G

Audeze LCD 2

Sound is without a doubt blissful :) right up there with the big boys eg T1, HD800 (i havent auditioned the HE-6 though so cant give credit to that yet).

Presentation is different as you probably have read the numerous reviews and user comments on head-fi.

The house sound seems a tad bit darker, which pairs nicely with a warm amp. The bass is best among the three(I own the T1 also and have auditioned the HD800 extensively before). Mids are comparable to the T1 but ahead of HD800. Highs are subjective. I prefer the T1 treble but they fatigue my ears faster than the LCD2(which i feel is just right but can make some treble dependent recording less exciting). The HD800 has peaky highs, ok for 2-3 songs but can get too sizzly for comfort/enjoyment if played longer. However, the HD800 has the best soundstage among the 3(personal opinion). The LCD2 also seems to be the most easily driven cans here but better amps can bring out more from it of course.

Im not gonna do a detailed review of any sort, just a quick opinion for helping u get an idea. You can read all the official reviews, most of them are pretty spot on.

FYI, u can get the Audeze LCD2 from official local distributor these days in SG.

Contact : David Tan (h/p : 98186448), email dnaintl@pacific.net.sg (I got mine from David, nice gentleman)

John Woo

Order Processing Department

D&A International

Singapore office

Email: dnaintl@pacific.net.sg

Fax: +65 6234 3364

They carry the latest versions as updated from Audeze website also.

Faster than ordering and waiting 2 months from USA IMHO.

Get extra local warranty somemore for 12 months, no brainer deal.

Anyone interested can contact them via pm.

The last time I heard many were being shipped to whole of Asia Pac region, so there may be limited sets on stock.

Cheers

*disclaimer* im in no way affiliated with Audeze or any of its dealer/distro, just helping out a fellow forumer just as others have helped me by posting relevant replies.

Edited by ultrawei

I can testify for david as well, got it from him...very nice gentleman.

Initially ordered from Audeze around end of Dec. Just got an email from Audeze ytd that mine is ready.So the approximate wait time is 2 months if you order through audeze USA. I got mine in early JAN.

The review from ultrawei is spot-on as well

So is the price competitive with getting it yourself from the US?

Think the winning point is more of local warranty as well, price u can contact the authorized dealers for details.

They shld be reasonable after u factor in the shipping and GST etc. :rclxms:

if u read the literature accompanying the hd800...

it says its best to listen to it at MID volume.

(watever mid vol is...hehe)

tat means dun crank it up until it sizzles lah..

i really enjoy the high clarity of this hd800 and the amazing soundstage..superb for big orchestral works.

its non fatigueing ...i can go at it for hours.

( using a burson amp. )

The already warm-sounding LCD2 sounds even warmer with tubed eqpt, so when pairing them with tubed eqpt, either silver i/cs or silver headphone cables will help balance things out.