Sign in to follow this  
okw3188

Audeze LCD-2 is in town

Good things does happen locally!!!!

Instead of doing the pre-order online wait for this beauty, you can now get it locally via it in less than 24 hrs :

Contact : David Tan (h/p : 98186448), email dnaintl@pacific.net.sg

Please note that I'm just doing him a favour and just got my pair of LCD-2 today.

Burn in for about 100 hrs now, soundstage is very impressive, need further burning for the bass to tighten up.

I'm very impress with it when driving using Meier Concerto. The active balance ground really has a big impact with the overall sound.

I'm using the onboard DAC from my Marantz KI Pearl Lite cd player. This player has an USB input that accepts iPod too.

So, I'm taping the digital signal from my iPod and then feed it to the Marantz onboard DAC. Output of the cd player is fed directly to Meier Concerto (set at high gain).

I have no problem driving it, normal listening level of my Meier Concerto is set up 11 o'clock.

Hi all,

I have also purchased the Audeze LCD2 from David. Here's some more info if anyone is interested,

John Woo

Order Processing Department

D&A International

Singapore office

Email: dnaintl@pacific.net.sg

Fax: +65 6234 3364

Sorry fellas, this is going to be a very loooong post cos I would like to share my experience with the LCD2. I just have to write something about it after listening to it.

I like headphones with excellent transparency and most importantly good midrange. I thought of getting into ortho headphones after the rave reviews about HE6 and LCD2 since late last year. However I could not decide which to get. The two are opposite of each other in terms of specs. I nearly ordered the HE6 with promo price plus free delivery because of its details and transparency. However, I held back cos I was worried about the amplification for HE6. On the other hand, the LCD2 is easier to drive with a fabulous midrange but many reviews mentioned that it was dark sounding, not as airy and spacious. I was worried it was too dark for my taste when someone mentioned it reminded him of HD650. I didn't like 650, I prefer HD600. I can still remember how amazed I was by the HD600 when I first heard it. When I learnt that LCD2 is in town from this thread, I grab the chance. After an audition, I bought the LCD2.

Have been listening to the headphone for the past week. I must say it's a legend in the making. I don't think I need to mention anything about the phenomenal midrange that everyone knows about which is superior to anything on the market right now. Don't be put off by others saying that it's dark and not as transparent. While others think that it's "rolled-off" at the higher frequency and bassy or "dark" in nature, I feel that it is none of those. Yes, you do not get as much sense of space and air compared to the other headphones. But details and clarity are still very good, i do not feel that I lost any details. Instrument and vocal clarity is superb.

As for the bass, it is very deep and tight with excellent impact. But it is not over powering and bloated like Sennheiser HD650 (IMHO). At first I thought my HD600 had stronger bass but I was wrong, HD600 was deceiving me with a lower mid-bass hump which gives me the perception of strong bass. With more listening, LCD2 is far more superior in the bass, it's very deep but there's no boom. Extremely well controlled. Really fantastic.

So much so about the frequency range. What I feel so fascinating about it, is how balanced the headphone is. It's so natural across the board. Extremely "even-handed" and I stress again balanced. COHERENCE is the word. Everything sounded palpable and as a whole. The level of realism is just amazing. Just let you enjoy the music. With other headphones I feel that I'm listening to recordings. With the LCD2, I embrace music. It brought me closer, more intimate. Everytime I go back to my other headphones (Senn HD600, Beyer DT880 and Audio Technica M50), they sounded "unreal". midrange lacks body, over-emphasis of high frequency etc. Everything doesn't seem to sound quite right. Well at the price, LCD2 is suppose to be a lot better and it is. I have auditioned the Senn HD800 and Beyer T1 before and yes I feel that they are very good but I wasn't "moved" enough to be irrational ;-) Although I do not have a side by side comparison, I can still remember how they sound according to my ears and memory. The HD800 is soundstage king, great sense of space and imaging however it can be too bright for many recordings. Beyer T1 have better mids than HD800 but do not have HD800 sense of space though it's high frequency is still more extended than LCD2. However, LCD2 midrange and bass quality thrashed both of them. Most importantly, music through the LCD2 has this coherence, palpability and realism that they fail to deliver. Music sounded more enjoyable. If one wants to listen, analyse and dissect the recordings, go for other headphones. If one wants to feel and embrace music, go for the LCD2.

All the above comments are based on the stock canare 4S6 cable. I got two custom cables with Mogami 2534, one single-ended (3.5mm plug) and one balanced (round 6-pin connector for ibasso Toucan portable headphone amplifier). It sounded better with the balance output from the amplifier I do get more details and slightly more air but I lose some of the midrange body. So I still stick to the stock cable. When I use the stock cable with the single-ended output of the ibasso Toucan connected to my portable cd player Sony D25S, I prefer music direct from the Sony D25S. Connecting with the amplifier seems to make the music less "live". I like the LCD2 direct pairing with the Sony D25S. It's a really good match for me. I'm going to get the canare 4S6 cables with the ibasso Toucan balanced output and do another comparison cos it will be better than the single-ended output and may be better than direct from the Sony D25S player.

Changing the cables of the LCD2 can improve it's clarity and details but like others have found out, I find that it may lose it's midrange body. Some have found cables that improve the clarity and still maintain the midrange body. I'm going get some UPOCC copper and silver cables to try out. The latest news at Audeze website mention that the newer batch of LCD2 will come with a better cable. Apparently the folks at Audeze are listening to their fans and constantly upgrading their design. Let's hope the new stock cable will bring the LCD2 to new heights. That said, the LCD2 with 4S6 cables is already phenomenal. It made me reaccess my perception with music and other headphones. Cheers!

Hi bros,

Nice to know we are in the same LCD2 boat :)

I got mine from D&A also, enjoying them now.

The Meier Concerto is a musical amp but i find it couldnt drive my T1 to a satisfactory level, thus didnt buy that.

Im using Nuforce HDP/LD MKIV SE/Maverick D1 for my LCD2/T1. Eyeing the Yamamoto HA02 but unsure what kinda match i would find.

How's the Matrix M stage for the LCD2? The price from cfg is very good if reviews are spot on.

Cheers :rclxms:

lol. Good to see so many LCD-2 owners. Well what Audeze really need to upgrade is the headband, that foam thing is really a bit cheapo lol, even tho it seems gd quality.

The Matrix M-stage is ok for the LCD-2, I don't have other amps to compare it to but I feel the treble can be improved a little bit more but the bass is well controlled and defined like nothing I've heard before. This combination is definitely excellent for all kinds of rock music. The gain switches also affect the sound quite a bit. I put mine on +10db, thats where I like it most. My M-stage is also with the Class A biased OPA627.

Recently I just changed my zero dac to a meier stageDAC and boy the music sound so much alive now compared to the zero which sounded dark.

My next upgrade probably get a Meier Concerto or woo audio WA6

Edited by icanhazcheeze

The Matrix M-stage is ok for the LCD-2, I don't have other amps to compare it to but I feel the treble can be improved a little bit more but the bass is well controlled and defined like nothing I've heard before. This combination is definitely excellent for all kinds of rock music. The gain switches also affect the sound quite a bit. I put mine on +10db, thats where I like it most. My M-stage is also with the Class A biased OPA627.

Recently I just changed my zero dac to a meier stageDAC and boy the music sound so much alive now compared to the zero which sounded dark.

My next upgrade probably get a Meier Concerto or woo audio WA6

I see bro, thanks! Meier Concerto/Stage DAC combo seems sweet. Will consider that. WA6 where are u getting

them? US direct or any local distro?

anyone know if David is selling the LCD-2 with the latest cable? (ADZ-5) and the option to change to the plastic travelling case?

anyone know if David is selling the LCD-2 with the latest cable? (ADZ-5) and the option to change to the plastic travelling case?

should have... please call

Yea im pretty sure they do, David sent me an email recently asking if i would like to have the new ADZ-5 cable free of charge including delivery because my LCD-2 came with the older cable ( Canare 4S6 with Neutrik Plug). Top notch service I'd say.

is there a place to auditon this LCD2..from david?

the T1 is beautiful with the burson amp.

He5 paired with the Ef5 is another good set..palpable.

finally its down to personal taste at this level of $funding.

The hd800 is crasily good. lolz

all good..all good.

Hi ultrawei,

I have the Nuforce HDP and I am thinking of getting the LCD2. How does the Nuforce pair with it?

Thanks!

Hi bros,

Nice to know we are in the same LCD2 boat :)

I got mine from D&A also, enjoying them now.

The Meier Concerto is a musical amp but i find it couldnt drive my T1 to a satisfactory level, thus didnt buy that.

Im using Nuforce HDP/LD MKIV SE/Maverick D1 for my LCD2/T1. Eyeing the Yamamoto HA02 but unsure what kinda match i would find.

How's the Matrix M stage for the LCD2? The price from cfg is very good if reviews are spot on.

Cheers :rclxms: