Sign in to follow this  
Kachui

Super Expensive Hifi Components

Let's start with this...

Most Expensive Speakers

Transmission Audio Ultimate System

Price: $2 million per pair

IPB Image

With a total of 12 units—four dipole subwoofers, two dipole mid-woofers, four dipole medium-frequency and high-frequency ribbon panels, and two dipole high-fidelity super ribbon panels—Transmission Audio’s Ultimate speaker system is a hefty piece of equipment, spanning 37 feet and weighing 5 metric tons. All units are made from aircraft aluminum and have stands in polished red or black granite. The set was introduced in late 2009, and so far two pairs have been preordered, says Bo Bengtsson, president of Transmission Audio. None has yet been delivered, as the assembly time is about six months.

"There are some things in today's tech world that seem to have no boundaries, and audio technology is one of the premiere choices if we were to name such a field. We wondered in awe as we saw the Enigmasystem, filling a big room and draining no less than 1 million bucks out of your bank account. Indeed, that audio system was something really weird: much too much power and SPL for anyone's health and, of course, a breathtaking price tag. Well, if you (like us) have though you've seen them all, think again as we introduce to you the Ultimate, Transmission Audio's latest contraption. And if you thought $1 mil was too much... how about double?

Well, it's true, even though it might look like a tech prank: the Ultimate is a home cinema system with a 2 million dollar price tag, in perfect defiance of the world recession or whatever you want to call it.

The system comes with no less than 12 individual speakers containing the Swedes' most advanced audio reproduction technology; with each unit capable to blast as much as 500W, we get a very serious 6kW power, more like a small PA installation for a gig. The power amps are top-drawer as well: the BP-1 from bridge Audio Laboratory: a dual-mono construction with insanely robust build that's capable to deliver twice the specced power and even up to 62kW for 10 milliseconds. With the power amps controlled by a BC-1 preamp that's also included, the juice-factory costs around $500K; company founder Bo Bengtsson says he can install 20kW for some additional $500K, but that would transform the Ultimate into a wall-wrecking tool...

Ultimate uses ribbon technology for HF and HF-midrange section, while LF domain has been endowed with a mind-boggling array of forty 15” subwoofers and twenty-four 8” woofers. Summing these with the 210ft, 2” HF/midrange ribbon and the 13ft, 1” UHF ribbon, everything adds to a killer 146db SPL: this means that the Transmission Audio's Ultimate can get as loud as a fully throttled plane. Now, try and imagine a jet in your living room...

With a 0.02% THD @ 99db, you can rest assured that not even the most demanding listener could want more in terms of quality. And still, if you find someone not pleased with the Ultimate, just crank up the volume and reduce him to smithereens. The whole system comes with an LR mirror array, especially engineered to create a massive sound stage with tremendous width and incredible presence, and pretty much anything else you could ever want. Not sure whether the Ultimate comes with an iPod dock, though."

Let's all get a pair :P

Maybe its in Zimbabwean dollar?

Will help you to order...just pass me your credit card. :grin:

Piveta Opera.

Not sure if this is the world's most expensive amp but it was going for USD650,000. Hand made in Italy, 20,000 watts, 220 volt AC, 6 feet tall.

IPB Image

the most expensive toys wont work in my humble 3room flat...

just like the massarati tat got stuckkkk behind the bus from traffic lite to traffic lite.

:yuck::yuck::yuck:

the above is to comfort myself..

:prettyprincess:

Not really true for such a kinda amplifiers to work in any given 3 room HDB flats as I 'd came across a friend whom had a pair of Mcintosh XRT 26 & a pair of MC2600 600 watts power amplifiers in Ang Mo Kio back in 1995.

Also another friend who had this pair of Legacy Audio Classic floor standing speakers 44 inches tall.

Those old flats in Ang Mo Kio not not that small as compared to those new flats in Punggol or Sengkeng (those bedrooms)

Hi dora-motor, sad to hear that you have since given up your home system.

My home system after my major changes in 1995 till today, the speakers, amplifiers, DAC still working except with some small addition & subtraction.

Even my HD-600 is 10 year old liao, sigh!

Wah, not itch for changes? but sometime old staff sound better and last longer.... opps seem like our discussion is getting out of topic =p Sry Kachui!

Edited by dora-motor