Sony MDR-D11

6 replies to this topic

#1 N@Z

Don't Fear The Reaper

• 6,213 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:50 PM

I assume this is the bottom range of the eggos. Anyone has any experience? Are they any good? How much do they originally cost?
Posted Image + Posted Image = Posted Image
Via La Vida Mylo Xyloto

#2 D-EJ915

• 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:49 AM

ask Profingersk8er on head-fi about it, he has the D11, D11W, D33, D55(coming), D66, and 2 D77s
user posted image

#3 N@Z

Don't Fear The Reaper

• 6,213 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:01 PM

Maybe I should just buy it & try. It's not that it's expensive. I'm just wondering if there is any interest for them since they are discontinued & I have a source for them. I'll reconfirm whether they're genuine first.
Via La Vida Mylo Xyloto

#4 Gouki

• 93 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (N@Z @ Nov 26 2003, 05:01 PM)
Maybe I should just buy it & try. It's not that it's expensive. I'm just wondering if there is any interest for them since they are discontinued & I have a source for them. I'll reconfirm whether they're genuine first.

I suggest you save your money and forget about it!

D66 is IMHO, not bad->OK...and if I'm feeling good, pretty good actually for the size and price. I can only imagine how much worst it could sound on a D11.

#5 N@Z

Don't Fear The Reaper

• 6,213 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:01 PM

True, but there might be people looking for really cheap phones & can't afford the asking price for the D66. Or even spend $30~$40 for a pair of headphones. If if did turn out unfavourable I could always donate it for SGH's first ever giveaway competition!
Via La Vida Mylo Xyloto

#6 Gouki

• 93 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to put the D11 in the light of being "worst" than the D66.

I'm pretty sure that it will be better than the standard phones you can get for $20-40.

What about Phillips? Heard good things about them.

#7 N@Z

Don't Fear The Reaper

• 6,213 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:10 PM

Yeah I posted about those philips that looked a little like the eggos too. No one here has found it yet I think.

I would have gone out to get the D11 today but my Cayin amp finally came so...
Via La Vida Mylo Xyloto