Sign in to follow this  
fox

My new system

Hi all,

Finally got my home rig (thanks to Mackie and N3w and Majie).

Source: Marantz CD 6000OSE

Headphone Amp: Master Original

Headphone: Beyer DT990

ICs: Canare L2T2S

Was trying it out over the weekend and I must say that the whole setup is an excellent one to start-up and keep if ever i were to upgrade in the future. It may be still too early for anything, but I must say that I am particularly impressed with the bass of the DT990. It's simply mind-blowing for open cans. I was listening to Usher's Confessions CD and the bass of the cans was just WOW!!! Mind you that I do not like cans whose bass sounds muddied and just thumpy.

Am just enjoying my music now and will be continuing to burn-in the gears longer so that I can post a better finding in the future.

Again, thanks to all who have taken their time for their advise and auditions. biggrin.gif

U're welcome. Remember to enjoy the music and as it is, it should sound good. The Canare should tame the sharp edges of your cdp and tone up midrange and bass bodies.

O.o man finally your setup is up and running .. i am glad that you like the CDP ... marantz have a house sound so if you really plan to upgrade in the future ( which i hope many years later ) try to get a marantz player !!! agaiN! O.o ya ... it will take time to burn in your cans and cable so allow sometime for it to settle time w00t.gifw00t.gif

But most important just enjoy the music ... ! laugh.gif

Dance to the music kicking.gifkicking.gif

Below S$950 for the entire system. Fox forgot to mention Belden 83803 power cord terminated with hospital grade MK UK 3-pin plug and Shurter IEC plug, which delivers power to his headamp.

Below S$950 for the entire system. Fox forgot to mention Belden 83803 power cord terminated with hospital grade MK UK 3-pin plug and Shurter IEC plug, which delivers power to his headamp.

Oops. Yeah forgot the power cord.

Do stretch the headband of the DT990 so that you don't get too much pressure on the ears. This also helps to normalise the uplifted bass response of the 990.

Do stretch the headband of the DT990 so that you don't get too much pressure on the ears. This also helps to normalise the uplifted bass response of the 990.

Clamp pressure of DT990 consumer version is about 2.5-3N as opposed to 5N of pro version. Hence, there's little need to stretch the headband of the former.

Hi!

How can I get my hands on the Original headphone amp and how much would I have to pay?

You can PM me if you don't want to reveal it online.

Thanks.

Chris.

HI yongchris the prices of the original headamp is discuess in this thread ... SGH party.gif