Sign in to follow this  
yotiao

Cheap headphone stand for STAX

Just received my stax 3030 classic system today, and have been looking around for cheap headphone stand substitue. I happened to see Lay's STAX selling at supermarket, and found the container size quite suitable for it....so.....

after tearing away the label:

user posted image

it now becomes like this and it fits just nice:

user posted image

haha...wub.gif

Lordy, a plastic stand for Staxes!

ur little cat may take a rest now.....

my cat with other cans.... biggrin.gif

just realized "headphone stand" doesn't protect from dust, instead of buying the real protection cover from stax, I use the little plastic bag and desiccant that originally came with the earspeaker package, at least for the time being, wonder will it helps? wink.gif

user posted image

sorry for the bad photo.. blush.gif

if u interested with the cover it cost $15 only.. good cover i would said..

but wun the stand be a liitle to light might topple over?? actually i am looking for a stand for my STAX too.. wub.gif

Oh, cost only $15? Good, will grab it then. happy.gif

the stand is not light in the case with Stax earspeaker, because the flat headband press nicely on top of this plastic stand, and both earspeaker sorts of hold the stand in place. I tried to use fan to blow it off but it stands. sleep.gif

this plastic stand also just nice for the DT880, but can't use it with HD650 because of the shape of its headband. dry.gif

Edited by yotiao

I have friends here in tokyo who buys those brick looking polystyrene or styrofoams for their staxes in the local art stores. I believe you can try looking for them in Bras Basah. Perhaps Sagacity or Art Friend have them. They look exactly like a normal brick. Only that they are hardened foams. If not, just buy a thick piece of styrofoam and cut them to size.

You might also wanna try to bend an acrylic sheet like a inverted serif U. Bras Basah is your best friend. happy.gif

yeah nv think of it and i am still looking at the untensil department of those shopping centres.. But would the styrofoams be too light?? what is use as the base?? will take a look down at Bras Basah and maybe ask them to scribe the words "STAX" on it.. laugh.gif

Those styrofoams are not those cheap ones you'll see in cheap packagings. But rather the more tightly packed and compressed type. Think the styrofoams you see with an apple ibook, except that they are stronger. Most people here buy them as stands for shelves and racks. They can support an entire washing machine! Weight wouldn't be an issue because the weight of the headphone itself stablizes it. I wouldn't mind doing a group but it's kinda mad to send styrofoams over~ happy.gif (get someone's soldering iron and inscribe them yourself lah! lol)