Sign in to follow this  

Where to get replacement cable for HD650 in SG?

Music By Design is the dealer for the Zu Mobius. Cardas you have to buy online.

found this on cardas website

Singapore

COHERENCE AUDIO

Mr. Ron Ong

Mr. Adrian Lee

1 Coleman Street

The Adelphi #04-54/3

Singapore 179803

65 6 338 8422 Phone

65 6 338 9542 Fax

found this on cardas website

Singapore

COHERENCE AUDIO

Mr. Ron Ong

Mr. Adrian Lee

1 Coleman Street

The Adelphi #04-54/3

Singapore 179803

65 6 338 8422 Phone

65 6 338 9542 Fax

Thanks yaufei! Now must really gather mindpower to plonk down $400+ for the cable.

Thanks sonical also.....not sure if they bring in the headphone cables, need to ask.

Coherence carries the Cardas replacement cables for Senn. Pricing should be better than online. Have found it a better match for the 600 rather than the 650 in my set-up.

Edited by tbln

Coherence carries the Cardas replacement cables for Senn. Pricing should be better than online. Have found it a better match for the 600 rather than the 650 in my set-up.

Hi tbln, why would you say that the cardas is better suited to the 600 rather than the 650? Currently I do not have a problem with the treble region because my source and amp/tubes are definitely not dark.

As a whole, I found the Cardas cable brought greater improvements for the 600 compared to the 650. Compared to stock cables, the Cardas fleshed out the sound of the 600s, adding more body and making the treble smoother. Given that the 650 had already been given a fuller sound relative to the 600, I felt that the addition of the Cardas cable (for the 650 relative to 600) was not such a good match. Too much of a good thing perhaps?

YMMV as this is a reflection of my tastes, of course.

BTW, what's the damage to my wallet for the Zu Mobius?

You didnt see my post above?

As a whole, I found the Cardas cable brought greater improvements for the 600 compared to the 650. Compared to stock cables, the Cardas fleshed out the sound of the 600s, adding more body and making the treble smoother. Given that the 650 had already been given a fuller sound relative to the 600, I felt that the addition of the Cardas cable (for the 650 relative to 600) was not such a good match. Too much of a good thing perhaps?

YMMV as this is a reflection of my tastes, of course.

Yup, checked out headfi and found the same. Might not be a good move with Cardas.

Cardas headphone cable around $240 from Coherence. Thats for the version 2 cable with Rhodium plug. I tried it with Senn 650 and found it to be a huge improvement over the stock, primarily in high frequency details and air. The stock cable sounds dark and smooth by comparison. If your source is bright and your power supply is dirty, the Cardas will reveal it through glare and harshness. I have not tried a Senn 600 so cannot compare with the 650.

Has anyone compared the Zu and Cardas on a 650?

BTW, what's the damage to my wallet for the Zu Mobius?

You didnt see my post above?

It's a bit misleading, I thought it was for the Cardas. Thanks for the info!!!

Cardas headphone cable around $240 from Coherence. Thats for the version 2 cable with Rhodium plug. I tried it with Senn 650 and found it to be a huge improvement over the stock, primarily in high frequency details and air. The stock cable sounds dark and smooth by comparison. If your source is bright and your power supply is dirty, the Cardas will reveal it through glare and harshness. I have not tried a Senn 600 so cannot compare with the 650.

Has anyone compared the Zu and Cardas on a 650?

Hi Brandon,

So have you bought the cardas replacement cable? Or you are using another brand of replacement cable?

Thanks.

Think the pairing of the cardas and HD600 is gonna be wicked man!

Gosh..amp + cardas cables....there goes my bonus man. the price to pay for quality sound party.gif

yoz 2100 let me know once u got the price for the cardas...well u'll nv know if there will be any changes in the price rite? lol