Zephyron

For Shure e4g owners - Ultimate Ears + Shure E4g

OMG! Look! Is it an Ultimate Ear? Is it a Shure? No, its both! XD

Anyways, down to the main thing, the Shure E4g comes supplied with several tips/sleeves. These include the Shure Ultra Soft grey Flex Sleeve, the Clear Flex Sleeve, the Foam Sleeve and the TriFlange Tip.

I tried all their tips for the past 2 days I've owned them, but can't really said I've been very satisfied to have used most of them. The Ultra Soft Grey Flex sleeves passes along nicely, btu somehow to me, they do get warm after a while (I use the M sized one)

Here comes in the Ultimate Ear SuperFi universal fit series Biflange sleeve. As compared to the given default Shure tips, to my ears, they provide better isolation as compared to standard single flange sleeves, as well as Shure's Ultra Soft Grey Flex Sleeve and Clear Flex Sleeves (which are very uncomfortable BTW, they're very hard!), and even the modified Biflange sleeves (I do struggle to get them into my ear, and they're not the most comfortable tips for long time wearing because they also have certain fit problems after I got rid of the smallest flange to fit them in my ear.

Then, I was wondering if there were any alternatives to the foams as I found those to be the most isolating and comfortable, then it struck me when I saw my UE SuperFi Biflange sitting side-by-side to my Ultra Soft Grey Flex Sleeve. I looked at the narrow stalk of the Grey Flex Sleeve, and tried fitting the UE Biflange in... It went in beautifully, and I supposed by stretching it 'thicker' into the E4's nozzle tube would only serve to make things better... And lucky enough, I was right!

For those bored of reading, here comes the pics!

user posted image

This is the very first step you'll have to do. Personally, i chose the largest Shure Ultra Soft grey Flex Sleeve since it has the longest fitting stalk.

user posted image

The next step is not to actually fit the stalk directly to the nozzle of the Biflange, but rather onto the E4's fitting nozzle, otherwise fitting the little buggers onto the E4 will be hell!

user posted image

And viola, this is the final result, the E4g that I'm currently wearing with its ear support (which actually serves to protect the E4 itself AND the cables that come with it).

With bass giving deep extensions and coming in right quantities, lush mids flowing liquid smooth coupled with somewhat lush vocal forwardness, crystal clear highs that do not sound sibilant, the 3 sound frequencies blending together in rainbow like harmony, great levels of detail (OMG! Piano keys are being pressed down!), a soundstage size that only comes a slight notch behind the UM2 and great levels of comfort... This chio bu gave me eargasms yeah!

Edited by Zephyron