Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Koss Ksc75 Impressions

Trying not to be too picky now and just enjoy my purchase. Anyway, I used them for my gym sessions and they are so much better than the freebie gym ones. Stays on well when jogging too, and open back means I can hear people around me. They won't replace my other cans but for what I bought them for (price and purpose), I have no regrets.

I'm pairing it with the GV-5, quite like the combi.

i read it somewhere that it's mentioned to be the budget grados, but after trying it i think it's quite an exaggeration. in fact it just doesn't sound right. bassless, harsh & distant vocals, harsh & fake treble. pardon me if these ain't the correct technical words to use.

good news is that these aspects are widely said to improve after burn in. will be looking forward.

Guest joi-ful

I agree with ToD that KSC75 are in no way on par with even the SR60. But to say they're baby Grado's isn't that much of an exaggeration. However, it must be noted that they don't quite have the same sound signature of the Grado's, but still there are similarities between the two that warrants the KSC75 the term 'baby Grado's' =)

They're much less fatiguing to listen and enjoy to with no glaring faults (after kramer mod + burn in). Without the mod, highs and mid-range come out as a bit unnatural to me.

Edited by joi-ful

I still think they are light in bass, vocals so-so, but I've gotten used to the treble and actually like it sometimes. Since they're so light and comfy, I find myself using them more n more, especially listening in bed as they have a fuller SQ than um1(aside from the bass), and don't have the death grip of the k81dj.

IPB Image

IPB Image

don't know if anyone has done this before, but i thought since the grille was an obstacle to clear sound, i would do away with it entirely. i did the string thingy 'cos my ear were pressing on the diaphragm. foams are still the original.

tried it out on my h320 headphone out, the treble generally improved and brightened , the bass was less draggy. generally better sounding to me, on account of the treble.

then i tried it out on the line out at the same volume level. this is more of a first impression since i never paid attention to what the unmodded pair sounded like on line out.

anyway the treble and mid's definition and resolution were excellent (for mere $20 'phones) compared to the headphone out. vocals and cymbals sounded like their edges were clean cut lines instead instead of smudged ones (sorry, don't know how else to describe this). noticeably, the exaggerated mid bass was subdued, and high bass became a bit louder and tight. (on my home amp, the bass was tight, but too bloated for my liking)

now, i just need an unmodded pair to do a more detailed comparison. don't feel like undoing the string grille, took me quite a bit of time doing it in the first place =p

Hi media, they are very different phones altogether. Since you are getting the LDM+, it will be natural for you pick up the KSC 75 first.

Many said that both synergies well. Since the KSC 75 only cost 20+, there is really no harm trying.

clemo

Hi media, they are very different phones altogether. Since you are getting the LDM+, it will be natural for you pick up the KSC 75 first.

Many said that both synergies well. Since the KSC 75 only cost 20+, there is really no harm trying.

clemo

Thanks, probably I will create another topic (without hijack this thread) since I am actually eyeing an IEM.

I just can't seem to get the KSC75 to fit nicely on my ears(I have small ears). Can anyone share on how they get theirs to fit?