Stereo_Electronics

Coming Soon: iFi Audio

Kari of Inner-Magazine puts the iTUBE through its paces!

“But given what the iTube can do, I’d be amazed if there were no interest in the device: the users of passive controllers, those that need a preamp for their computer audio systems, those not happy with the performance of their USB DACs, those that need a quality volume between the DAC and active speakers, those who would expect more from their computer speakers in terms of the stereo image. That is, I can see very many who would immediately benefit from inserting this IFi’s tool in their system. ”

Thank you Kari Nevalainen of inner-magazines.com!

Inner Magazine - iFi iTube - buffer/preamp

Turrican2 of Head-fi re-discovers his music collection using iFi Audio iDAC!

iDAC_HF_Review_zpsf800a9a3.jpg

“I first heard the iDac at the April 2013 head-fi meet in London. It was part of the full ifi stack (at the time) consisting of iUSB, iCAN and iDAC. I was amazed at the quality of the sound from this miniature setup and knew right there and then that I was going to own at least some of this gear…I have the iRack also, the iDac fits perfectly into my stack, that’s one of the things I love about iFi, their gear looks as good as it sounds…First thing I noticed was the BASS!…I’m hearing things I’ve never heard before with very familiar tracks. I find electronica in particular is a lot more musical with the iDAC leading to much longer listening sessions. I do love listening to gear which invites me to re-discover my music collection…the iDAC has a real authority about the sound which I love.”

Thanks for review Turrican2 of Head-fi.org!

“Amazing clarity and hefty bass†- Turrican2’s Review of iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier

iFi Audio Nano iDSD impresses Richard of HiFi Wigwam!

“After reading a rave review of the iFi iDSD Nano on the Audiostream site, I thought I would give that a go. I don’t actually really need another DAC, but at 165 pounds for the Nano, I thought ‘what the hell’….After listening to the iDSD for the past two or three weeks, I am incredibly impressed. It has a slightly sweeter, ‘richer’ sound than the HRT. It is very detailed without throwing the detail in your face – I find I can follow the words that people are singing very easily. The JBLs have a very solid stereo image and with the Nano, the image just sits there nicely in space. Acoustic instruments sound a lot like acoustic instruments – there is no artificial ‘digital brightness’, they are just detailed and rich, and yet powerful and dynamic.”

HiFiWigwam-300x225_zps66f7388f.jpg

Thanks Richard Dale (Hifi Wigwam)!

JBL LSR305/iFi iDSD Nano/BeagleBone Black computer audio system

iFi Audio Nano iDSD DAC and Headphone Amp is retailing at $249 only at Stereo Electronics and comes with our 7-days 100% Money Back Guarantee. Terms and conditions apply.

iFi Audio Micro iDSD pre-order for the Limited Edition 512 batch is now officially closed. Thank you for the overwhelming response. :thumbup:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

iFi Audio iUSB Power: Marvelous new upgrade for USB-powered DACs says George of Computeraudiophile!

“the bottom line is that the original power source is the computer, or perhaps a powered USB hub; not the most prepossessing of power sources….The USB output of my laptop (which I use as a music server) fed into the input of the iUSB, and the DragonFly plugged into the “Music + Power” USB “A” output of the iUSB power supply. From then -on everything else was as before…I couldn’t believe the difference! The DragonFly v.1.2 was noticeably quieter – especially through ‘phones. But through speakers, the soundstage opened-up, image specificity became more precise, the bass tightened-up noticeably, and the top end became even smoother, and more open, with more “air” around the instruments. This is a dynamite upgrade to already great sounding DAC. I recommend that you try to hear it for yourself!”

ComputerAudiophileiUSB-300x194_zps52879490.png

Thanks George AKA gmgraves2@comcast.net of computeraudiophile.com!

Marvelous new upgrade for those using USB-powered DACs such as the DragonFly!

HDPhonic tries the iDSD Nano at Munich!

“At the iFi Audio booth there was only one new product: the Nano-iDSD, the smallest portable DA converter in the world that supports PCM up to 384 kHz and DSD up to 6.2 MHz with dual BB1795 chip developed exclusively by Burr-Brown Japan. The peculiarity of this DAC is the direct conversion of native DSD directly to analog without intermediate steps. We got to hear this DAC with both a LCD-2 and with our HD 600 thanks to the kindness and courtesy of Vincent Luke, marketing coordinator of iFi Audio. Our first impressions of the DAC using DSD files of records that we know quite well, were extremely positive as regards the overall sonic performance. The sound was spacious, clean and warm at the same time and very close to that of a studio master tape played back from a one-inch recorder. iFi Audio has put a product on the market that will be talked about not just because of its price of $ 189.”

HDPhonic_iDSDnano_zps4f1486bb.jpg

Thanks HDPhonic!

Munich High End 2014 - HDPhonic

Michael Lavorgna’s Favorite DACs: iDSD Nano makes the list!

“The iFi nano iDSD DAC supports up to 32/384, DXD, as well as single, double, and quad rate DSD. While that’s all well and good on paper, I’d rather have a 24/96 DAC that sounds good and avoid the numbers race. The thing is the iDSD DAC sounds good. Really good, exhibiting a natural smoothness and a lovely dimensional quality that belies its price.”

Thanks Michael! We’re honored to be among-st your favorite DAC’s!

Favorite Bits Digital to Analog Converters | AudioStream

Full review here

iFi nano iDSD DAC/Headphone Amp | AudioStream

HiFi Choice says micro iCAN gets perfect 5 stars

HiFi Choice (Poland) gives the diminutive micro iCAN a perfect 5 stars and lavishes praise on it, “has a big heart and lots of class”

10403675_723977927637952_2935707335538214794_n_zpsd27ae76a.jpg

Thank you iFi Poland (Moje Audio) and of course Mr Dyba of HiFi Choice!

http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HiFiChoicePolish_micro_ican.pdf

Micro iDSD impresses Stereosound!

"I’d love to introduce products that impressed me while overwhelmed by the atmosphere of such a venue (Pota Institute 2014 summer). Micro iDSD of iFI-Audio is unrivalled in the specification and state-of-the-art specs. I have fallen in love with a robust casing and overwhelming sound quality…It is surprising to spec that corresponds to the PCM768 and DSD512, but advanced specifications which can also DSD playback and high resolution using HF Player + HD Player Pack by Lightning-only adapter is also great”

Thanks Stereosound!

StereoStereo online

Nano series & iRack at CanMania (Capital Audiofest 2014, Washington, DC)

“The iFi iRack was so cute and beautifully manufactured. It housed the iDSD Nano and the iCAN Nano. The iDSD ‘is the world’s smallest, portable (only 163g), battery-powered, serious DAC that plays all high-resolution formats: PCM/DSD/DXD natively’. The The iFi iCAN Nano is the battery-powered headphone amplifier. The sound through Sennheiser headphones was lively and dynamic. Not as refined as some of the multi thousand dollar headphone amplifiers you will read about later in the report, but damn fine for the low price. Add the iRack and you have a really good personal home system.”

10544790_727610217274723_6832642717019344585_n_zps16df5046.jpg

Thanks Audiophilia Staff!

Capital Audiofest 2014 — Washington, DC

iTube works its magic on Paul of Dagogo!

“So, how did iFi get all those parts in such a minuscule box?…Vocals have slightly more “presence” with a smoother presentation, and instruments have better “sparkle” with improved harmonics making them sound more like real instruments….I heard an expanded soundstage with the narrow 3D setting engaged on all recordings….With the narrow 3D setting engaged, each instrument sounded fuller and richer….What the iTube provides is a tantalizingly large amount of superior sound of which the best preamplifiers offer in spades, yet only costing a fraction in order to achieve it.”

Thanks Paul Mah of Dagogo!

iFi-audio Micro Series - iTube Pre-amplifier Review | A Unique Audiophile Experience

Micro iDSD is highly recommended by MLGrado of Head-fi!

“The sound! Crisp detailed highs, smooth upper mids, slightly warm lower mids and upper bass. Clean extension into the lows….In comparison to the iDSD nano, the sound is the same tonally, but there is a notable increase in detail and dimensionality….I enjoy the 3D and XBass ‘Analog Signal Processing’. The effect of both is subtle but notable. They never get in the way, and depending on soundtrack can really enhance the experience….This is a special product, both in feature set and sound quality….Highly recommended”

1908388_729914033711008_410208991132834998_n_zpsa16ea529.jpg

iDSD nano and iDSD micro side by side

Thanks MLGrado and Head-fi for the review and supporting the Micro iDSD!

iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.

iFi Audio Micro iDSD pre-order is now officially closed. New shipment for Micro iDSD OCTA and standard Micro iDSD just reached our stores together with Nano iCAN and Nano iDSD. For those who have made pre-orders, kindly wait for our call soon for collection.

PreOrderMicroiDSDClosed_zpsa3b820b2.jpg

Pay us a visit at @StereoPlazaSingapura or @StereoIONOrchard and be one of the firsts to audition the demo set.

Windwolf447 reviews the micro iDSD and howls about how good it is!

Using Sennheiser HD650 > IE800 (the MOST sensitive IEMs on the market), Windwolf447 summarised the sonics very succinctly, “Currently on the market with similar functions is only the CHORD HUGO, compared to the IDSD MICRO certain sound quality aspects such as detail and the size of the sound field it is behind the HUGO (nearly six times the price difference yeah ~ _ ~), but the to my surprise, the IDSD MICRO has more musicality than the HUGO - when listening to pop music when tunes are more pleasing. :)

iDSDmicro_post76-1024x682_zps7eee35c9.jpg

A very big thank you to Windwolf447!

Windwolf447 reviews iFi Audio Micro iDSD

Excellent iPhone DSD Tutorial by Art’s Excellence

Art’s Audio Excellence (one of the major iFi dealers in the Netherlands) made this step-by-step guide to play DSD back through the iPhone using the micro iDSD for playback. It really makes life very easy and how you can enjoy DSD on the go.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics