Sign in to follow this  
dora-motor

Amazed by what an upgrade of 3.5 --> RCA cable can do!

if you're game enough take a look in the little dot 3 and check the signal wire inside, just after the RCA sockets leading to the amplification circuit..

its typically 30-40cm leading to the volume pot and probably another 5-10cm after that leading into the amplification input

these cheap wires can be a bottle neck no matter how good your external interconnects are

if possible, re-wire with good wire & keep it as short as possible

actually u can bring it to audio well and have it recabled with silver/gold mundolf cables

he changed it for me and it is very good price ...

much lush,better mids and i tempted to changed the transformer as well...wanted to get dhlabs copper rcas as well....

but Frankie is very honest person...no point better get a new amp and start from there......ahem Blackgates for u sir?

Edited by sep90

Wah even e inner wire can be re wired.... Thanks for e recommendation! Will check it out bt where is e place? Located at?

you can get it rewired at several places

well audio labs at burlington square lvl 1..

ahfaudio at upper cross street..

zenn audio at bedok..

etc etc etc..

u need to ask him for price quation but he wont do it if it doesnt worth the time or the price...

hmmm i need to get a big balanced amp so that he squeeze the blackgates/Vcaps inside and put silver R-core transformers for me.....maybe ask him to use PC-OCC silver cables .....

wont be cheap :think: