Sign in to follow this  
dora-motor

Amazed by what an upgrade of 3.5 --> RCA cable can do!

Hi all, just like to share a little upgrade i had today. Was having my 325is and LD mk3 with source (lossless) from my Macbook pro for awhile, used to connect my mac to amp with a make do cable (cheap cheap one :sweat: ) but today had brought a decent cable - the ichord over the forum from one very nice gentleman.

Back home and try it out, was expecting some form of improvement only but to my surprise the overall dynamic, (low/mid/high range), clarity, space, vocal, instruments was taken to another level!!! :party::party:

I guess next is to look at the tubes....... :smoke: I think I'm deeply poison, hope my wifey don't find out....... :grin:

Edited by dora-motor

Are you also from this path previously or should i say till now............ :D

Far from it my friend. The truth is there is no path. The is no right way that will lead you straight to contentment. Audio is an open sea. You wander aimlessly for years and finally reach the "shores" of a seemingly wonderful system. Then low and behold someone comes along and introduces some "improvements"... you get restless... you resist... you can't seem to get it out of your head... you lose sleep... finally... you break down and give in... only to find... a mismatched system.... and the journey goes on and on and on.... :grin: You are doomed my friend... by the way, welcome to the abyss! :P

u using the ldmk3?

hmm if i not mistaken the ldmk3 tubes r same as the ldmk4 or ldmk4se

try looking around for some tungsols 6ak5wb if u prefer very detail soundsignature...

very balanced from top to down and not so warm as mullards...slightly better than telefunken..all rounder

if u like something more punchy,warmer and fuller bottom bass....try the western electric 403B

but it has rolled off highs slightly...the Mobile Radio 6ak5/EF95 is same with 403B but better highs and not so warm soundsignature

Far from it my friend. The truth is there is no path. The is no right way that will lead you straight to contentment. Audio is an open sea. You wander aimlessly for years and finally reach the "shores" of a seemingly wonderful system. Then low and behold someone comes along and introduces some "improvements"... you get restless... you resist... you can't seem to get it out of your head... you lose sleep... finally... you break down and give in... only to find... a mismatched system.... and the journey goes on and on and on.... :grin: You are doomed my friend... by the way, welcome to the abyss! :P

x100!!

sep90 is the best example. :smoke:

Don't have to spread lah. If he's here long enough, he'll get hook sooner or later. Just like our dear friend, kds5000. :grin:

Don't have to spread lah. If he's here long enough, he'll get hook sooner or later. Just like our dear friend, kds5000. :grin:

hehe... he start his collection of powercords :grin:

Oh my god, I'm having the feeling tat my wallet is going icu very soon, btw thanks for e advice on e tubes. Where can I find those tubes? N wats e damage like?

No ICU for wallet. It's going 6ft under. lol!

I believe Well Audio will have them locally. but you can also try snooping around ebay to look for better deals. =)

well i recalled a number of times my wallet swallowed by Darkness and my ears being closer by Angels... :grin:

u can look around at ebay or tubesworld for tubes....

but tubesworld mite be too expensive.....the tungsols a pair they selling is way off the chart for me.... :sweat:

hmm any1 try b4 the psaudio power plant premier?

btw dora...

have u try the new oyaide PC-OCC cables mini to Rcas?

i got 1 to replaced my valgrinds set rca to mini..... :cans:

silver casing + rhodium plated jack in.....quite a looker and very shiny

post-5112-1253859491_thumb.jpg

post-5112-1253859521_thumb.jpg

post-5112-1253859543_thumb.jpg