Sign in to follow this  
lemiesz

Sennheiser HD 201 vs HD202 vs HD497

After breaking about 3 sets of ipod earphones, and a set of Skullcandy lowriders i decided to get some better quality headphones. After some research these are the 3 the most appeal to me. But leaning towards the HD 201s simply because they look more sturdy, comfortable, plus they just look cooler than the other two. I have a pretty big head, i wear a 7 1/4 hat that just barely fits me.

Im going to be using these mostly on the way to and from school, listening to my ipod. Occasionally i might plug them into my amp for when im playing guitar late at night. They only problem i have with the HD201s is that the people say they have crappy bass and sound "distant". Do you think someone who is used to the really cheap gear that comes with your Ipod would notice this. I listen to mostly Rock, metal, and occasionally Rap or classical stuff.

Last, i read that the cable for the 201s is extremely long. Does it get in your way when your walking around with them on.

Yes, it totally gets in your way. Also, if you're interested in cheaper headphones, but still want good power? You might want to consider mostly closed-back headphones, especially if you get weather where you're at. Look up the Koss KSC75 on Amazon, if you need a great-sounding pair of headphones for <20$. Clip-ear, but really good.