XeroBlitz

Need Help, recommendation on Headphones. Newbie^^

haha, yea, true! hmmm, dun worry much, we will be willing to help you anyway. BTW, you know the address of both shop?

Jaben

1 Coleman Street

04-11 The Adelphi

Singapore 179803

Tel. (+65) 6337.0809

Stereo Electronic

Causeway Point

1 Woodlands Square #04-08/09/10/35

Singapore 738099

phone: +65 6894 3601

fax: +65 6894 0326

Plaza Singapura

68 Orchard Road #04-06

Singapore 238839

phone: +65 6336 7113

phone: +65 6336 7114

Hi all... I'm a newbie as well! Intend to get new earphones cos I just lost my JBL 220 and my B&O A8 is spoilt. Would you be able to recommend something based on the information mentioned below:

1. Prefer IEM (i suppose if i were a guy, i'd prefer the headphones for the better sound experience)

2. Budget: $100-130

3. Use: Portable (outdoor travelling) so yes to noise isolation!

4. Currently using: JBL 220 & B&O A8

I'm no audiophile. Just my personal opinion... I actually prefer the JBL 220 to the A8. Cos I prefer IEM over earbuds and A8 lacked bass. JBL offered pretty decent quality for that price.

5. Genre: Pretty varied and eclectic. I like R&B, jazz, alternative and house

6. Sources: Macbook & iphone 3Gs

7. Not using any amp

8. Prefer something with good bass and clarity

On a side note, is it worth the effort to send the A8 for repair (no more warranty) cos I did spend $200+ on it. Such a pity.

Also, what else should I look out for before buying the earphones apart from aesthetics, functionality and comfort. Could someone explain the technical stuff in layman's terms i.e frequency response etc.

Intend to drop by Stereo or Jaben to audition. Just thought I should get more suggestions from the members first.

Thanks in advance! Cheers! :dance:

oh fish. i might have posted this under the wrong topic cos this is recommendation for headphones. sorry!