Sign in to follow this  
MilkCar

Need recommendations on new earphones! IEDs prefered!

Well, after seeing my bose in-ears go to waste after 2 months, and then my astello radiances again in the same amount of time, I've decided to splurge a little more and take more care of my new earphones. Thing is, I was thinking about keeping my budget at 100 or lower, but looking at the Westones UM1, I'm tempted to throw in another 50 bucks to take it - question is should I?

and don't worry, i know why i burn through earphones so fast - i run with them, wears em out pretty fast eh. i will never do it again dont worry (Y)

so yeah, do give me your 2 cents or sth, i think ill be heading down to stereo @ PS later today (:

Did you get something?

2 months is a really short lifespan for earphones. I used to use my old Sennheiser CX95 at the gym on the treadmill and it held up. Lent it to a friend recently and he lost it.

Have had issues with some earphones recently after treadmill sessions. Storing them in a plastic bag with a dehumidifying satchet seemed to help.

Went down to Stereo yesterday myself and saw at a pair of TDK IEMs labelled 'best buy under $20'. Ended up getting the Sony MDR-AS50G after trying the latter out. There's a CNET review of it here.

Have you tried to claim your warranty for those pairs of earphones?

It might be with the way you keep your phones when you are not using them.

Westone UM1 is good if you like them, comes with 2 year warranty somemore BUT need to go through shop to ship back to repair