Sign in to follow this  
Natalie

Hey guys! Any recommendations for deaf in 1 ear?

Hello everybody!

I am new here and I just bought myself an iPod finally (Touch 3rd Gen) and I was hoping to get some opinions from you guys to recommend me a good "Sound Isolating" IEM(s) and headphone(s) that would sound good with the Ipod Touch right out of the box, without any extra amps(I am a newbie and kinda new to that concept)

I would have gotten the Shure for sure but I am only a student on a budget who just spent the Ipod, and with the apple buds, I could hear other surrounding noises easily.

Sound Isolating cause I wanna be able to not blast the volume to be able to hear music in noisy places as I would like to protect my right ear(left's deaf)

Anyone knows if dealer could sell me a faulty unit with only the right side working and sell me at half the price? Does'nt make much sense for me to pay the full price when I will only be enjoying half of the product right?

What do you guys think of the cheaper Shures?

Please feel free to voice your recommendations! I would really appreciate any information!

Ok here goes:

I listen to pretty much everything except metal.

I really appreciate hearing detailed vocals.(undistorted very lows to solid mids, to way up high(whistle register), vibrato, every last vibration from the singers throat, heck even the softest of breaths!)

I also appreciate detailed acoustics of the acoustic guitar.(from all the picking/plucking and the squeaky sounds produced when the fingers slide across the strings to the tapping of the guitar etc.)

Basically I am looking for something that sounds natural and real(without any colouration or distortion) as well as detailed, as though as the musician is playing right infront of you with the music travelling through the air and into your ears directly and not through wires and gadgets and earphones with diff kinds of qualities, if you get what I mean. The gear that would best mimic the above!

Another issue is that mono config for the right side of the phone, is The iPod Touch able to mono? Or do I need an adapter? any suggestions?

Basically After reading reviews around the web, a few "phones" have come to mind:

Head-Direct RE0

Etymotic er6

Shure e2c

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio

Westone UMX3

(Any idea where I can find any of these in SG and price quotes please?)

Personally I havent tried any of these earbuds, Does stereo let people try earbuds? I only saw a tower of headphones. Are these 3 good enough for my expectations?

My budget is below 200. But do not hesitate to suggest something a lil bit over

I intend to get only 1 earbud so durability and build/material quality must be decent. Also the jack must be straight instead of L shaped!

Thanks for reading all my ramblings if you've survived this far. I really look forward to any reply as I am really excited to get a decent earphone/headphone for myself for the first time!

P.S: Would those 1 sided bluetooth earphone thingies work?

P.S.S: I do a bit of gaming and tons of movies on my notebook, any recommendations that would go well with what I am lookin for for my iPod or is it reccommended to get a seperate phone? In-case you forgot, I am deaf on my left so Soundstage isnt really my priority Oh if I do get a seperate set-up, I would prefer a wireless set-up for my notebook! any recommendations welcome!

P.S.S.S: Ultimately, a recommendation for the iPod is my current priority.

P.S.S.S.S: Are my expectations too high?