Sign in to follow this  
battleboy131

Cowon s9 vs creative zen x-fi

Hi,

Have anyone tried these 2 players before? I heard cowon is the best player ard the market, is that true?

How is the 2 player quality in comparision? Which is better?

Thanks!

EDIT---------------------

How about compared to X1000 and Zune HD?

* I am using a IE8 or Bose on-ear headphone*

Edited by battleboy131

Depends what you are looking for.

Zen XFi2 supports FLAC btw

S9 SQ is better, more options to tweak audio, and not to mention it is more expensive

But Zen X-Fi2 got sd card slot

Zen X-Fi is the cheaper one, it has sd-card slot, but it doesnt integrate into the rest of the library (kind of defeats the purpose). Sound Quality i prefer S9/X-1000.

In terms of sound quality, S9 with its sound enhancement enabled is about on par with X-1000 . Personally, i prefer the X, but that's just me. A lot depends on what iems/headphones u use though, synergy is important.

Edited by ferrari85

i am using Senn ie8 and bose on-ear headphone btw...

How about as compared to Zune HD and X1000?

I don't own and nv really heard IE8/Zune HD, so not really in a position to comment. Though, i've came across quite a number of guys in head-fi posting their impressions on IE8 + X1000, so u probably can head over there and have a look.

Cowon's S9 has fairly frequent updates to it's firmware and it does support FLAC, loseless..etc plus it's interface is customisable (though that may not be a plus point). Audio will never go wrong with it and it also depends on the headphones/IEMs you are using.

Note: With IE8 and Bose hardware...it'll be fantastic.