Sign in to follow this  
syndony

Batch editing MP3's

I am looking for a program that I can set-up to batch cut the first 30seconds of a number of mp3 files.

The files in question are the comedy sketches from Nob Nation podcasts, which aren't bad, but I HATE having to listen to Gerry Ryan and for some reason he insists on having his voice at the start of every podcast for about 30 seconds. So hence, want to cut the first 30 seconds off about a hundred or so mp3's, in a batch method (don't have the patience for doing each individually as they're only podcasts).

You don't mention which platform you are on - Mac or PC?

Its unlikely you'll find one piece of software to do it tho. You will probably need to convert them all to WAV first then edit them, then re-encode to MP3 as it is not easy to edit MP3s as they are.

If you're on mac then Fission http://www.rogueamoeba.com/fission/ by rogue amoeba will allow you to edit the files but I don't think you can batch process - maybe if it supports automator/scripting but doesn't look like it from the website.

For PC I would look at soundforge or wavelab in the first instance as they are the industry standard audio editors.

This should really be under the PC audio sub-forum...

Audacity is pretty decent, and the latest revision has batch processing, although I haven't tried the feature myself.

It's free open-source software, and has most (if not all) advanced features you would find on any decent editor.

It's available for PC/Mac/Linux.

Edited by radioactive28