Sign in to follow this  
ajkda

recommendations for iems/cans

For portable use what can you recommend?

Requirements :

1. Block noise for commuting

2. Good sound quality

3. Comfortable

Budget : less than 400

Listens to almost all music genres

I used to own a pair of ue sf3 and they got spoilt last week hoping to get warranty and the warranty doesnt work I need to start looking for replacements =( dont really like ue fitting, they hurt alittle

Thanks for your suggestions

Edited by ajkda

yea haha

will be going to audition some of them but i scared audition so many will make staff angry =(

I have been looking all over headfi and similar forums over a week haha

but its hard to find comparison between UM2 and Westone 2 (only find those shure vs um2 or westone 2)

can anyone shed some light on the differences between UM2 and westone2?

I dun think you go audition the staff will be angry ba. My past experience with Stereo Electronic is excellent. Good customer service from them. Their staff are very polite and patience. Moreover, customer are always right :))

UM2 has good bass impact and also good vocals but they suffer from treble roll-off and small soundstage and I don't think they can be had for under 400 now. No comments for the Westone 2 since I have not heard them.

If you want more bass impact you can try the sf5p or eb which also cost under 400. If you want something with good vocals you can try the ck10 which has one of the best vocals currently on the market but they are a bit bass light. The ue700 excels in treble,size and comfort.

But if you can stretch your budget by $60 you can have the Ortofon which is one of the best universal iem I've heard to date.

thanks for the fast replys im siding towards the westones after all the reviews haha

maybe i have to wait for um2 price to drop or audition them with the rest and see if they are really a notch above westone 2

my budget is already badly stretched and i think 400 would be a good bet and after that i will save up for an amp =)

try out the fischer audio eternas. they have some of the best noise isolation i've ever heard, SO comfortable, and sound fantastic

The lowest price for the um2 is around SGD428 and the price for the Westone 2 are well under 400. Don't judge headphones based on reviews alone. Your ears are your best friend when it comes to choosing which headphones is best for you so go try them out before pulling the trigger. Since you already saved up to $400 why not wait a bit more to get something better? Just my 2 cents.

i just tried the westone 3s haha they are absolutely amazing

OMGAWD on the W3s :lust: but I have have to be logical at times, $600++ is really over the top and once i get those it would take too long to save an amp for them :cry:

Any suggestions on what amps for UM2

And are UM2s and W3s similar in their sound signature as well as W3s' amazing soundstage??? :rclxms:

Edited by ajkda

The difference between those 2 are like day and night. UM2 is design with stage monitoring in mind and the W3 are design for casual listening. UM2 sound-stage is almost none existence when compared with W3. I have a feeling the W2s have more in common with the W3s than UM2.