Sign in to follow this  
dora-motor

An upgrade?

Hi all gurus here,

been enjoying my setup for the pass few mths and now backside got a little itch...... was toying with the idea of adding a DAC as I felt that more then often, my music would get interference believe coming from my laptop while I use it to surf net.... so if a DAC could be the answer to prevent interference and same time improve e music =D

So the qns is:

From your experience, would it helps?

ANy good DAC to intro? sadly, it has to be small in footprint cos my small desk quite messy liao, not too ex.....got budget control........

Thank you!

ehhh, i do have the almost similar problem, but mine is only distortion from laptop, which a DAC help to solve the problem, as some argued that is the computer soundcard, which i agree as well. Laptop sound card don't sound nice, but with DAC it improve on the quality significantly.

upgrade macbook

is the adobe flash causing problem, cpu intensive

I upgraded my pc to i7, no more problems

Edited by alamakazam

alamakazam: Thanks, but..........mine is the pro which i brought nt long ago.... alittle ex option....

blackmouth0: which dac you added, price? any recommendation for a cheap dac?

Thanks

Audio Iconic @ Adelphi carries the NuForce uDAC.

Audio Iconic Promo.

Take note if you are connecting to an amp via the RCA out, the volume is still controlled by the front volume pot.

Anything above 3 o'clock position results in clipping...so I believe it is not a true line-out.

I find the sound is a bit colored as well.

I have the uDAC connected to an LD MK3 then to my HD650.

It sounds really good (maybe because I haven't tried anything better).

You may also want to consider Style Audio Carat UD1 or Peridot.

If you have the budget, go for the Musical Fidelity V-DAC (available at a retailer @ Adelphi I forgot which one).

If you have the budget, go for the Musical Fidelity V-DAC (available at a retailer @ Adelphi I forgot which one).

Alpha Audio @ 1st floor, the floor above the aunt teo's cafe.

And if you are going in by the "main entrance", its the one opposite, they have two shops opp each other.

iirc the price is around 300~400, call to confirm.

Alpha Audio @ 1st floor, the floor above the aunt teo's cafe.

And if you are going in by the "main entrance", its the one opposite, they have two shops opp each other.

iirc the price is around 300~400, call to confirm.

That is quite cheap since it retails for ~299 USD.

Wow! thanks for the details! Called Audio Iconic to check and was about to go there to have a look, but they say the stock yet in......... while in the meantime, continue to read up..... the uDAC seem interesting and cheap =)

Musical Fidelity V-DAC would be good to have if i haf the budget...... =(

Audio Iconic @ Adelphi carries the NuForce uDAC.

Audio Iconic Promo.

Take note if you are connecting to an amp via the RCA out, the volume is still controlled by the front volume pot.

You mean you did not use it as a DAC using this connection?

You mean you did not use it as a DAC using this connection?

No. I meant if you are feeding the DAC output to an amp, the signal from the rear RCAs does not bypass the volume pot.