Faileas

Good sub $100 non-DIY portable headphone amp

While i'm resisting for now (i kena getting poison right? ; :lol: ), i'm seriously considering getting a portable headphone amp to go with the headphones i got last week - They sound way better on my laptop, and i want to mess around with it a bit.

Keeping in view that i might build a cmoy in future or upgrade, i'd like to get something relatively inexpensive first to see if i like, and to mess around with. It needs to be portable (1/2 the time i carry a geriatric black army dispatch bag, so too heavy my shoulder die ), battery powered (Can't be walking around with a long cord like a EVA can i?). I figure since i can build a cmoy for under 40 bucks, 100 should be ok for a first one. Later can get something fancy. Any suggestions on what/where to look?

Hi! I suggest you up your budget a little bit and try getting the iBasso T3 or T4 from Stereo(I can't remember which is the new one!)

I personally don't think there are any amps below $100 really worth looking at.

I can adjust a bit, but a rough idea on cost would be nice ;p. I might check the next time i'm in PS - Stereo's service is quite impressive ;p

Edited by Faileas

Fiio have E7 now which is also USB DAC in case you want to it with use your PC. But already over $100.

hmm, the e3 looks interesting as a 'starter'- its ~ 7 USD on dealextreme. Considering its gonna get abused a bit, and i'm getting some money to my paypal account... I might pick that up to mess around with first.