Sign in to follow this  
trowaclown

Replacement of ER-4P plug

Hey there folks,

I've got a pair of ER-4Ps with a weird problem. I suspect the plug's strain relief is faulty, because the audio is weird and thin when I plug it in, as if there's poor contact and the signal isn't coming through. Problem is, the signal is fine when I pull it partly out, about 1.5mm from it being fully inserted.

So, I think I'll need to get just the plug replaced.

Now, do you folks have any ideas/recommendations on where I can get this done? Any advice appreciated, and thank you in advance!

I got similar problem, my ER4S has no sound completely on the right side.

I cannibalise by taking out my ER4B plugs to replace & it works but I also need to buy a replacement right plug

Hey there folks,

I've got a pair of ER-4Ps with a weird problem. I suspect the plug's strain relief is faulty, because the audio is weird and thin when I plug it in, as if there's poor contact and the signal isn't coming through. Problem is, the signal is fine when I pull it partly out, about 1.5mm from it being fully inserted.

So, I think I'll need to get just the plug replaced.

Now, do you folks have any ideas/recommendations on where I can get this done? Any advice appreciated, and thank you in advance!

You can email Ety to see how much it costs to replace the cable. The entire set has to be sent back to the States though, I think. A little inconvenient, but it's an official channel which should give you some guarantee and assurance.

I got similar problem, my ER4S has no sound completely on the right side.

I cannibalise by taking out my ER4B plugs to replace & it works but I also need to buy a replacement right plug

When you say plug, are you referring to the driver or the cable/connector?