Sign in to follow this  
bwtay

Zu Mobius

Well guys, as promised I got my Zu Mobius cable and I'm doing my long overdue review on it.

Well, first of all the Zu cable beats the Stock cable in all aspects. When I first opened the package, all I could think of is Quality, Quality, Quality tongue.gif . This cable is built to withstand Magma. The headphone connectors fit nice and snug on my HD600, there is absolutely no play at all. The 3.5mm miniphone connector has a nice satin finish and is of extremely good quality. As for the cable itself, no words can describe how good it feels. Although stock cable users like myself will find the cable to be a little stiff. But its all a matter of getting used to.

Now on to the cable sonics. Again, the Zu Cable outshines the stock cable. The highs are a lot sweeter. I listen to quite a few Violin recordings and the Zu really handles the extreme highs that the violin makes well. Bass is a a lot more well defined and much tighter than the stock cable. This cable truly brings the life back to some of my older recordings.

Thatz my take on the cable so far. For any potential buyers, you will see extreme performance straight out of the box. No burn in required. However, I imagine over time this cable will smooth out and sound even closer to perfection. I highly recommend this cable to any serious headfier who wants the best out of his HD600. As for value for money, realistically, the price of this cable including shipping equals the cost of a HD600 through Jan Meier, so its hardly a run for your money. However, the bottom line is that the the sonics and the physical qualities of the Zu Mobius will most definitely blow any Headfier away!!!

Please direct any questions to my Email Address or my PM box, I am still in the midst of testing my cable so any questions on the sonics will have to wait. Pics will be up soon.

Thanks for lookin.