Sign in to follow this  
augustineRS

Anyone did the SlicSound mod?

Wonder if anyone did this?

Chu Moy didn't have an overall good impression but he did notice improvements.

One thing I found out was the MX400 doesn't have much difference as compared to the MX500(other than the vol control and colour).

If anyone interested in doing the SlicSound mod pls pm me.I would like to try out too and share the shipping.The shipping information is on the first link i posted.

SlicSound Buds

Main Site SlicSound Buds

cmoy's Review

Edited by Mackie

currently only 2 ppl on the list

me and yekim.

any other guys interested?

mods:if you see fit, can move this to classified as MO.i doubt will generate much interest though.

will they get sticky? like the original plugs from Koss plug

As quoted by SlicSound.

"Slicsound is finished in a pearl silver, and comes with six plugs. 3 pairs for left and right, in different sizes and shapes. It is made from US FDA approved food grade silicone, which is non-toxic, non- allergenic, safe and comfortable to wear."

I hate the original Koss Plug foamies, like ricola gums.

When unused, it will trapped dirt.

I enjoyed the Koss Plug with the Etys Foamies though.

I'm A BassHead afterall. tongue.gif (still kiddy, enjoy 'thumping' bass)

Now there's 3 ppl on board, mods if possible move this to the classfied, if it seems out of place.Thanks for the trouble.

1.augustineRS

2.yekim

3.mmatrix

Edited by augustineRS

Just got the stuff.

Okay, it look nothing like the picture.

First impression on the mx500, it tamed the bass a litte(unlike cMoy's impression).

This moulds may stay put, but, it is bloody hard to get it into proper position,

Perhaps my ear are still 'virgin', opening not so big!

But the material does have a 'sticking' effect, as in, it does not come out easily when in exercise but tugging is another issue.

I still can here ambient noises/sound, but at the same time, the music.

This help in listening to music, and taking care of my ears as i no longer see the need to increase the volume.

It does improve the stock earphone that come with my fm/am recevier.Clearer and better?.

I'm not much of a reviewer, this is all i can say.

IMO, at an investment of $18++, it is quite an experience.Afterall, this is an item awaiting patent(this phrase is splash all over the packaging and the moulds)

Perhaps the other buyers could post some views

cmoy on headwize. said it covered the holes on the mx series. does yours do that? maybe they redesigned them?