Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

My amp..

hello guys.

after doing some experiments, there is still lots of left over components and experiment board, so, i design this amp, which use most of them, heyhe... "recycle". tongue.gif

i don't have a camera, so can't really post my amp here, sorry, but i attach my schematic here, just to share.

user posted image

in this humble amp, i put in a a input stage amplifier with a gain of 2, the input of amp is directly input from source.it is class-a biased also. opamp:NJM4556.

sorry for the flaws, it was connected to -12V not +10v.

and the output of input satge is fed in to a Grado RA-1 like amp, with Solen 5uF Cap, and high value resistors. with a gain of around 3.2. opamp:NJM4556

and i also provide a ground channel for it. the board was my Poor man PPA experiment board ( same circuit as PPA, except i use opamp buffer to replace the BUF634) . I have tried it with opa134 as amp, and NJM4556 as buffer, but the bass slam too hard, too strong. finally, i found a op27, put it in , and it just sound nice.

frankly, i don't expect this amp to sound good at first, i just built it like playing Lego. Haha...

but the final result was good, the sound is neutral (just nice to me, non fatigue),

detail, sound stage is unexpectingly wonderful, and one thing to share after listening for hours is that it sound like a cross-fed amp, but it is not!!

hope to find a camera and put the pics here.

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by huangyong

laugh.gif i also like "recycle" amps lol.gif

a lot of my own amp are also built from left-over parts

hope to see the actual amp soon

julery help me to take this pic.thanx.

the amp is case-less.

user posted image

Edited by huangyong