Sign in to follow this  
zuglufttier

Vintage amp for Sennheiser HD 600

Hi there!

It's me again looking for an amp smile.gif Last time I told you that I didn't have the money cause I needed to buy a car... Now I'm driving a 95er Mazda 626.

Money is still an issue with me so I thought about getting a vintage amp! I read a lot about some marantz units for under 100 Euro that sound really good, especially with my HD 600.

Could you just give me some recommendations for about 100 Euro, please? smile.gif

Btw: I'm on, let's say, holiday until Friday so I might not answer until then...

I forgot to mention: My source is a Yamaha CDX-1050! Vinyl is not important... I might also hook up my Audigy2 to it sometimes. And I'm not going to use my speakers with it wink.gif

Edited by zuglufttier

100 Euro... is around $120 USD.

Hmmm. Have you tried browsing Head-Fi's Gears for Sales forum? With patience some nice amp might come along. I suspect that you might be able to get a used Pimeta for that price.

Difficult to say as 2nd hand market varies in different countries but for S$200 (Eur 100 converted) you are better off selling the HD-600 and usinging that money to get something like a Beyer DT-931 (discontinued but still available in shops) with a 2nd hand Corda HA-1 (MkI). Expect to pay about Euro 200 for the amp and about Eur 140 for the headphone. Of course prices may vary in your local so this is just a rough guide and a suggestion as I don't know how much you can get for your Senn on the 2nd hand market. If your budget is really tight then the Beyer DT-531 has had some measure of success as well and if sounds anything like the DT431 or DT-931 then it's very nice sounding as well. I havn't listened to the 531 btw so you might wanna contact lini of head-fi.

Cheers and happy listening

I have been quite lucky wink.gif My brother is selling stuff at eBay, mostly Hifi. And a few days ago he got a Sony receiver from 1970 or something. A Sony STR-6055. Actually sounds pretty good to me smile.gif I think I'm going to stick with this one.

The sound compared to my headphone out oy my CD-player e.g. is just better. There aren't any details I hadn't heard before. Just better smile.gif