Sign in to follow this  
hacknet

GainClone Driving Headphones?

i`ve just finished building my gainclones. have a read and see if these could be effectively used as a headamp... i think it can be done with the help of 2 dropping resistors.. am i right

Gainclone-Z

yup, on top of that, the chip sounds really clean. kick bass plus detail to the max... i wonder how my present pair would sound like....

Let us know when you managed to convert your gain clone to a head amp. Should be interesting..

BTW, nice PCB work..

i probably can make a few for you people for an extremely small fee... biggrin.gif

i`ll look for the right combination and i`ll come back to you all... biggrin.gif

Cool, but I'm more interested in your Zen V4 PCB.. don't mind paying you a small fee for it. If you could also do one of those Pass's zener diode regulated power supply, that would be even better.

Edited by jtfoo

wow... you are fast...

i have already designed the ZenV4 pcb. i am intending to etch this friday. full SMT components. i don`t mind selling a fully populated board. call me at 91084462. we certainly can work something out... biggrin.gif

not true... its space saving. especially good when the photo board isn`t particularly cheap. its also alot easier to design for as it takes up lesser space.

The number of components seems to be too little even if you take away the regulated PSU away. Is it just a single gain stage without the active current source?

active current source, and a buffer stage. no regulation.

the board is only missing 4 1.5k resistors and the 2 mosfets.

Your pic only show one IC which I assume is the mosfet for the gain stage. Where're the others IC? Should have one more mosfet and a BJT.

I hope you don't mind showing how the two mosfets are mounted. By knowing the orientation of the mosfets, it's easier to plan on the method of mounting huge heatsink.