Sign in to follow this  
voxel

where to get the converter to 1/4'' for k1000?

Hi, just received my k1000 yesterday. Before getting a dedicated amp, i need to use it on my current tube amp for hd600. Does anyone know where i can get a converter from its XLR to normal 1/4'' Jack, or I have to diy? wink.gif Thanks you!

btw, I heard that some power amps do not accept the 4-pin connector comes with the k1000, does it mean that I also need to diy a converter with real speaker connection? Really dun know anything about pwr amps blush.gif

Regards,

voxel

thank you lekquan, they take all kinds of hd600/580 cables, some of them are more expensive than k1000 sleep.gif

wonder if there are shops selling these converters in SLS... unsure.gif

You can also use the cable provided by AKG to connect your K1000 directly to the speaker binding posts of a integrated amp or a power amp.

I do not think any body in Singapore sell headphone jack adaptor for K1000.

The K1000 uses a 4-pin XLR connector. You can get in SLS to DIY for yourself. 4 pins because they are positive and negative for left and right channels.

Over the headphone jack, you need to solder the left positive and right positive to the respective tip and ring and solder both the left and right negative together to the sleeve of the headphone jack. Of course to do this u need a total of 4 wires.

There are some headphone amp out there in the market that accept the 4-pin XLR from K1000 but I have no information on those.

Enjoy your K1000. They are really special!

Edited by fuwen

BTW, you need to run in the K1000 for at least 300 to 500 hours using normal music.

thanks fuwen for the advice. this is my third akg, i think it'll be the last one rolleyes.gif

will go sls next weekend for them~~~.

BTW, how's the sound of k1000 from ur ha-2? i'm concerning mainly on the bass. thanks!

Depending on the source. If u are using CDP direct or through the tape out of a preamp then for me the HA-2 volumn is at about 80% position.

I am a person who do not like heavy bass and most of the time listening to classical music so bass is not a problem to me. Anyway, to me the bass of K1000 is adequate and accurate.

The ear speakers of K1000 is adjusable so if u tilt them towards your ear then you will get more bass.

This may not be your last AKG, depends whether they are comming out a AKG K2000 or ....... smile.gif

WTW, I dun think many people in SLS selling the 4-pin XLR. I got mine from the shop Coastal Electronics, few shop away from Hungs Brothers, a shop selling lots of funny connectors and switches. I got my Neutrik 4-pin XLR for $5.70 and Neutrik 1/4" TRS headphone plug for $5.

really appreciate ur infomation biggrin.gif

I have been using 240DF for nearly two years, and quite satisfied with it for strings & vocals. Actually I'm expecting the similar amount of bass as K501 which is just enough for piano & cello works. (240 is reluctantly enough)