Sign in to follow this  
scholes25

Headphone Impedance output for Marantz SR8300

Hi,

I tried searching for the information on the net but I could not find anything on it.

Can any kind soul with the info let me know what is the output impedance from a Marantz SR8300AVR headphone out?

Thank You

scholes25

Looking for an amp to drive your newly acquired HD650 already? biggrin.gif

Sorry can't help you there.

Will report back if I can find something.

Maybe someone else might be able to help

Enjoy your new cans headphone.gif

I wouldn't be laying my paws on mine till 2 wees time.... mad

Hi Goondu,

I was hoping that my SR8300 has a high enough impedance rating to drive our new cans.

That way I dun have to buy a new amp, save lots of money biggrin.gif

So, a big pretty please to anyone who has the information, do let me know.

Thank You

PS Short update on this set of cans, this is my 1st high end pair of cans, my other cans are the Philips HP890 and the Senn 497. TWO WORDS. NO CONTEST!!!!

Edited by scholes25

scholes25: Don't worry dude. I tested all the 650s via headphone socket of Marantz SA8260 sacd/cdp. Apparantely, this unit has a dedicated circuit board which drives the 650 to deafening loudness with decent sound quality when the vol pot is adjusted to 11 o'clock. I'm confident SR8300 has the same capability (if not better) as modern day hi-end AV amps also cater to cinematic experience via headphones.

Behold the partially hidden pcb board with an op=amp at around 9 o'clock on picture.

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

Thanks Mackie for your comforting words.

I will take heed from your advice and swear not to bow down to any Upgrade Devils who will attempt to lure me into the dark side. biggrin.gif

Given that your SR8300 is a high-end receiver, it should have all the required juice to power HD650. Remember to deactivate your surround modes when listening to music via cans. Then again, an amp will be in the offing once your demand on the 650 increases.

THanks once again Mackie. headphone.gif

I have been doing that. Disabling the surround effects and using pure stereo mode on my receiver.

Mackie

You have always been a great help to everyone in this forum.

For all your help you have given to me and the forum, I SALUTE YOU!!! headphone.gif

Don't stand on ceremony scholes. Thanks for the compliment. blush.gif

For the fun of it, sit thru a war movie with cans and U'll be pleasantly surprised by a different surround sound experience; one which will not pan as precisely as speakers but U'll enjoy the "resonance" of a flyby or firing of MG.

Don't stand on ceremony scholes. Thanks for the compliment. blush.gif

For the fun of it, sit thru a war movie with cans and U'll be pleasantly surprised by a different surround sound experience; one which will not pan as precisely as speakers but U'll enjoy the "resonance" of a flyby or firing of MG.

Interesting......

I would like to give my SR4300 a try with my grado SR80..

however, got a problem here...the headphone cables for the SR80 somehow is a little too short for me....

I hate to dampen your excitement but U might find bass impact of movies on SR80 somewhat lean albeit tight and controlled. U could always purchase a Belden microphone cable from Robert at LHS and get him to terminate the plugs for U.