Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Modification of Neutrik Locking Socket

Hi guys, could you please advice me for the 6.35mm (1/4") panel socket?

Initially I wanted to buy the Neutrik locking socket, but Mr. Fox said it needs some force to plug in and out the jack, so he use combi jack. I will check this combi jack later.

Any other good socket?

Thanks!

Bram

Edited by bpribadi

I'm going to try the Neutrik locking socket, just got it from HungBros. I also have bought locking socket from SLT, which share similar construction with the Neutrik, but with manufacturing error, the right channel connector is too short for proper connection with the headphone jack (can be adjusted with plier though). But this 'fake neutrik' only cost SGD 2.50, and the spring is not as hard as the real Neutrik.

What I will do is, I will modified the Neutrik socket, change the spring which is too hard, with the spring from the 'fake neutrik', and give a little bit of petroleum jelly for the locking mechanism for better pushing feel cool.gif (no pron please tongue.gif )

I will post the result later.

It works ! party.gif

Now my Neutrik Locking Socket feels good, and the spring is not as hard as before. No more excessive force to use this gold plated socket.

What I did:

1. Change the original spring with the spring I took from the SGD 2.5 'fake Neutrik' socket.

2. Give a little bit of petroleum jelly on the locking mechanism slot.

3. File the locking plastic latch a little bit, so it is now easier to unplug the jack.

Good job. How much did you pay for the neutrik socket from Hung Bros? And which shop from SLT was the imitation from. Sorry for the questions but that's why you are sharing right? biggrin.gif

Sure, no problem. The neutrik cost SGD 9.-, and the fake one is from SLT B1-25 - Continental.

Beside the outer ring size different, both Neutrik and the fake neutrik has a very similar construction.