Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

DIY stuff @ good price

Came across aan interesting website.

DIY Zone ( Taiwan )

The website provides lots of good stuff like Philips CD-PRO2 transport kit, Pass Aleph-X kit, etc. looks really professional.

user posted image

user posted image

and i found a few really good items which are practical to us, fellow DIYers in SGH.

Step Attenuators: w00t.gifw00t.gif

100k/10k version

user posted image

user posted image

Only @ NT690 ( S$34.74 )

100k/10k fully balanced version.

user posted image

user posted image

NT 1280 ( S$64.45 )

Anyone interested. Group buy?? cool.gif

( I'm sorry dont have Credit Card)

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif Wow !!! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing huangyong!

I wonder how much the CD-PRO2 transport kit cost happy.gif Can start to build our own CD player.

I 'm also interested with the Step Attenuators, for SGD 35.- they are really a bargain.

Huangyong you can start to arrange a group buy, I can help with the plastic later.

Group buy?? w00t.gifw00t.gif

but... dry.gif

damn... I am just a student...no income...no Credit card...

Sorry..cant help this time..

showing some other interesting items from the website.

CD-ROM controller V2.2 ( Kit ; CD-ROM & power supply not included )

Turn CD-ROM unit into CD transport. NT $1380.

user posted image

Virgo Solid State Headphone amp. ( kit ; case not included )

Fet input, Darlington output, DC dervo. NT $1680

user posted image

Conrad-Johnson PV3 Clone. ( kit ; power supply, case not included )

using eletro-harmonix 12AX7 and 12AT7 tubes. NT $880

user posted image

DAC 3.0 ( kit ; casing (NT 1500) not included)

Using Burr-brown PCM1732. Provide balance output. NT $6500

user posted image

user posted image

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif Wow !!! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing huangyong!

I wonder how much the CD-PRO2 transport kit cost happy.gif Can start to build our own CD player.

I 'm also interested with the Step Attenuators, for SGD 35.- they are really a bargain.

Huangyong you can start to arrange a group buy, I can help with the plastic later.

I remember someone mentioned at diyaudio that the stepped attenuator fromdiyzone has pop noise with each turn. This is due to it's design of break before make. unlike the more expensive stepped attenuator which are make before make. But then where to get stepped attenuator so cheap, except the fake alps one.

Thanks for the info jtfoo! Pop when turning the volume is not a nice thing no.gif

Anyway they have other good stuff tongue.gif The DAC3 looks interesting party.gif

Edited by bpribadi

yap...the CD Rom controller and the DAC looks interesting...

I did read somewhere that diyzone no longer accepts order for

the CDPro kit....is it true ?

w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  Wow !!!  Very interesting! Thanks for sharing huangyong!

I wonder how much the CD-PRO2 transport kit cost  happy.gif  Can start to build our own CD player.

I remember someone mentioned at diyaudio that the stepped attenuator fromdiyzone has pop noise with each turn. This is due to it's design of break before make. unlike the more expensive stepped attenuator which are make before make. But then where to get stepped attenuator so cheap, except the fake alps one.

For that price and that material ( lots of dale resisotrs ) i think slight pop sound should be ok.. since a few hundreds vs $35 , not fair to compare them like that..

hehe.. just my .2 cent

mukegile,

if you want the DAC, be hurry..

they only accept 180 orders.

CD pro kit no longer available, but a few people is letting go theirs, can look for those.

Edited by huangyong

:

For that price and that material ( lots of dale resisotrs ) i think slight pop sound should be ok.. since a few hundreds vs $35 , not fair to compare them like that..

hehe.. just my .2 cent

Just for info. Thought you guys might want to know whats' the trade off for a cheap stepped attenuator. Becoz when you first read what's on the site, the impression I get it's as good as the expensives ones, but for very much less the price..

Anyway for the price its still good if you don't mind the occasional pop, since most likely you won't change volume too often. Here's some guide on how to contruct the stepped attenutator if you bought from diyzone.

http://www.penguinlovers.net/audio/Attenuator.html

http://www.diyparadise.com/stepped_atten.html

BTW, the TDA7294 kit set is very attractive priced. I'd bought 5 kitset from them to built multi channel amp. Used up 3 kitset, with 2 spare lying around.

If you have watched the recent video of the redubbed 'infernal affair' about CDPRO2, it pretty much says that there's no more CDPRO for the rest of us from Da Wu (guy from diyzone)

Hey, jtfoo. You bought items from them before... w00t.gifw00t.gif

BTW, the TDA7294 kit set is very attractive priced. I'd bought 5 kitset from them to built multi channel amp. Used up 3 kitset, with 2 spare lying around.

Can organize a group buy??

Probably if Huangyong and Jtfoo can spot to us interesting items from the website, it will be very usefull to us. So later we list down what we interested and want to buy, then can start a new group buy thread in classified.

Thanks a lot! wink.gif