Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

CDP mod + opa627BP commend

the CD player doesn't ground to earth. Is it ok if i ground the chasis to earth?

Not necessary (I prefer not). The important thing is to ground the chasis to the audio ground. Another simple improvement is to put small caps (22 nF - 100 nF) on the bridge diode, it will also smoothen the bridge DC output from AC transition.

Example to put the small cap on the PS bridge from my 'failed' project layout:

user posted image

Edited by bpribadi

A Chinese DIYer advised me not to use the internal Rf. but use an external resistoras Rf. any difference?

Yeap, that is also a good approach, then you can fine tune the Rf value. The small cap on the Rf also will function as a mild low pass as well.

What's the progress so far?

ooh... no.gif accidentally shorted the rulator board...it smokes ( real smoke )

and i already removed all the resistors and caps around PCM61P (DAC), preparing to put in the new I/V converter....but without PSU, it wont work...

I was panic....

i had no choice but tried to fix it. I put everything back followed the schematic in the datasheet. ( which clean up the original signal path )

When i turned it ON...wow.... great improvement.. very very musical ... now i m stastified with the internal I/V converter.

now my next mod it to change the output RC filter.

i short the 820ohm resistor, remove the 47Kohm resistor and 5.6nF cap. i m not sure whether to remove the 68pF cap or not.

pls give advice.

Finally, i got a camera to take these pics.

Overall

user posted image

Headphone Out

user posted image

DAC (PCM61p)

user posted image

Power Supply

user posted image

Aaahhh that's better,... I like pics wink.gif

I think you can remove the 68pF, looks like it is to suppress high frequency oscillation. If you have enough small caps close to the 627, I think it should be stable happy.gif

Aaahhh that's better,... I like pics wink.gif

I think you can remove the 68pF, looks like it is to suppress high frequency oscillation. If you have enough small caps close to the 627, I think it should be stable happy.gif

I removed that liao.. wink.gif