Sign in to follow this  
sen595

Where to buy-connection cables

Hi, I want to buy a good quality mini to mini cable and a mini to rca plug cable.Can pls give me some advice where or who to get these from? Thks

The oehlbach one from meier-audio is quite good, IMO. www.meier-audio.de

you can also DIY either of the 2 using mic/starquad mic cable. (Coaxial or otherwise, it'd be nearly impossible to stuff 2 of those into 1 mini plug)

The problem with mini is the size of the jack or socket. Too small for big cables.

I'm also looking for good mini jacks, so far can only get the ones available in Sim Lim. Any other suggestion or advise?

Photobucket is down no.gif , so I can't show you the DIY interconnect I made. Probably later.

Canare F-12. Can buy from LHS.

Although its big it still cant fit anything like 2 coaxial cables together. One of the possibilites is mic cables. Another would be Cat 5e cable. I thought it was quite ok, but it was quite difficult to work with. And Cat5e is quite stiff. Hence I don't recommend using.

For the oehlbach mini-mini I highly recommend it for portable use. However if your system leans towards being overly bright I might recommend against it. Or else you can retire in peace, at least for mini-mini cables.