Sign in to follow this  
xpander

Ipod users! wat earphones r u all using?

hi,

my bro decided to take over my MX500 since his is spoilt. so i'm gonna get another pair of earphones. i'm quite a bass heavy person so which do u all recommend?

i don want canal phones cuz i own a pair and i don really like it, and headphones r juz not compaitble with my small head.. look so funny with dem on wink.gif

so i'm only interested in earphones.

budget about 50-60 bucks?

hope to hear frm the ipod users out there soon

thanks headphone.gif

i am also using MX500 for my ipod and thus have nothing to recommend to u. Maybe i check out the previous threads n post up the earphones within ur budget.

Earbuds < 70

-Sharp MD33

-Audio Technica ATH-CM5

-Sennheiser MX500

-Panasonic RP-HJE50

not very sure which is a canal earphone but all the above earbuds are the recommended earbuds < $70

Sony MDR-EX71.

Lots of bass, obviously. But quite muddy and not clear. It's good if you like bass, and provides a tad of isolation too. Goes in white too to match your iPod.

It goes for around $70.

what is a canal earphone? i dun quite understand wacko.gif care to elaborate?! i tot canal earphones refer to in ear earphones ohmy.gif which is sony EX71... think i got it mixed up!!!

The EX-71 doesn't sit as deep inside the ear canal and does not isolate as much as the "true" canal-phones (Shure, Etymotic, etc). I suppose they can be called canal-phones if you wish.

The Sharp MD33 and Panasonic RP-HJE50 fall into this category too.

well.. actually i alr have the EX51SP and i don really like it. cuz the highs r sometimes ear piercing!

and i think i would prefer a normal earphone la.

BTW, is the -Audio Technica ATH-CM5 good? i think its more for clarity den bass rite?

thanks biggrin.gif

The EX-71 doesn't sit as deep inside the ear canal and does not isolate as much as the "true" canal-phones (Shure, Etymotic, etc). I suppose they can be called canal-phones if you wish.

That said, I feel that the EX70 is pretty good after modding. Isolation is still better than none. Haven't owned/modded/tried a modded version of the EX71.

No idea since i haven't seen anyone do a review on it before or any links provided to check it out. I can't even find it at www.audiotechnica.com !!! Is there any site to check it out =p me lazy to search n now sitting back to get instantaneous results yes.gif

Edited by Slumber

Why not u search and enlighten me? headphone.gif You would prove to be a better person at searching for the site compared to me whistling.gif

what is a canal earphone? i dun quite understand wacko.gif care to elaborate?! i tot canal earphones refer to in ear earphones ohmy.gif which is sony EX71... think i got it mixed up!!!

Canalphones are in-ear phones as well. I am using the Shure E3Cs with my 4G 20Gb Ipod. Awesome phones. biggrin.gif