Sign in to follow this  
Guest drumma

cMOY question! pls help me!!

Guest drumma

the wires underneath the perfboard are actually those wires in a reel right? like u buy a reel of silver wires.. is it those?

Guest drumma
Drumma,

Please dont use gain of 11, it's overkill. ppth.gif

check this out: kicking.gif

Dual Opamp

user posted image

Singale Opamp

user posted image

For 1st timer, i would recommend to work with Single Opamp. the reason is the soldering points are not so concentrated at one region (around the opamp).

I would not recommend copper strips board, unless you have a hand drill to cut the copper path. (i have hard time to work with it yucky.gif )

Pls buy high quality parts for your amp, it's easier to work with.

okies, for the HDP, i think i know how the circuit is being connected but i still dun understand a few things.. maybe u can explain to me? the L-out and and R-out means go where? and what is the 1m?

thanks

the wires underneath the perfboard are actually those wires in a reel right? like u buy a reel of silver wires.. is it those?

According to the pic, the red colour lines are bare wires and pink ones are insulated wire.

silver wire for CMOY w00t.gifw00t.gif

Edited by huangyong

Guest drumma

According to the pic, the red colour lines are reel wires and pink ones are insulated wire.

hmm, so what's the diff btw the both of them?

According to the pic, the red colour lines are reel wires and pink ones are insulated wire.

hmm, so what's the diff btw the both of them?

The insulated wires are needed as flying wire. The reason: when bare wires touch each other, they will short the circuit, while the insulated wires won't.

Guest drumma

hmm.. ok.. regarding the gain, is there any recommended gain certain opamps or high impedance and low impedance headphones?

Drumma,

okies, for the HDP, i think i know how the circuit is being connected but i still dun understand a few things.. maybe u can explain to me? the L-out and and R-out means go where? and what is the 1m?

thanks

logically L-out, R-out, goes to headphoe jack.

1m?? If it's the 1M, then it's the input impedance. 1 megaohms

Guest drumma

so what does the input impedance do? is there a guideline for it to be at certain value?

user posted image

it will function as a High-Pass Filter, which means it will cut off the low frequency.

The formula is: 1 / 2*Pie*R2*C1 = cut off frequency.

Gain = 1 + R4/R3

Edited by huangyong

hmm.. ok.. regarding the gain, is there any recommended gain certain opamps or high impedance and low impedance headphones?

so what does the input impedance do? is there a guideline for it to be at certain value?

Young man, seems like you haven't read my explanation in the DIY session:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2718&st=30

You can use gain 6.6 for low Z headphone, use the combination of 5.6k and 1k resistor. For input, you can use 100k pot and 1M resistor (R2).

Read more please wink.gif

Edited by bpribadi

Drumma,

I think you should start afresh with this thread. Forget what's input impedance, what's high pass filter, what insulated wire ..etc at the moment. concentrate what you need to built the amp first.

Physically all those red blue line can use be the same wire. Don't get into cable selection until you have progress further. Resistors/ caps can get from Sim lim tower. Forget about audio grade one first.

oh my god, is this a different design?

this is the original design by Chu Moy.

the HDP is design by digi01.

Guest drumma

no, i'm not talking bout grade A cables or selection of cables. i'm just wondering what is used to connect in between the resistors and everything in there.

i hope u guys hope where i'm coming from. i'm not someone who understands what the pictures really really meant. and i can't find any site which teaches me how to read those? pm me if u have any links?

thanks for all the patience..