Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Capacitors

33% and 66% percentages of values.

MKP was used as the backbone of the reservoir caps because of its low ESR and low noise.

Wow... w00t.gif You really use that much of MKP for you PS? I wonder how big is your amp... biggrin.gif

there was this great debate on if DC blocking caps were called coupling or decoupling caps. technically, coupling caps are deemed as caps which connect or couple 2 stages, in a tube amp, possibily a driver stage to the ouputstage or a preamp to the power amp, in this case, the amp to the cans.

the consenses that the chappies came to was it should be called coupling caps as the importance of the cap was coupling of stages and its main duty was to couple the AC signal between stages. i guess it can be called DC de coupling caps although many of us all it coupling caps...

Sorry, didn't know there was a great debate at all. I just follow what text books, my company's technical journals and amp datasheets described them.

the amp isn`t large... i got mkp cheap from madisound...

jtfoo: if you do a search in diyaudio`s archives, i think you would be able to dig up a post where many people had their opinion on the subject...

Guys..... , any sources for Carbon Resistor locally ?,....like those allen -bradley..

by the way.. some funny pics...http://www.anothersite.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55296