Sign in to follow this  
wil

What do you think of this?

Hey guys, my dad is away for a business trip so i decided to use his CDP and interconnects on my Cayin HA-1A and my DT880.

My previous setup is in my signature....

My dad's CDP is a ROTEL RCD-1072, and the interconnects are Audiophiles for Audiophiles ( AFA) ARES [has anyone heard of them??]

One thing i noticed was that the DT880 paired with the ICs and CDP is deliciously RICH. Too rich sometimes.....haha

My Marantz had a sense of Airiness....but the ROTEL and AFA is decidedly vicious man....hahaha...like velvetly chocolate ( Dark Chocolate i might add...haha)

There seems to be added weight to my music. This is quite satisfying i would say, as the Marantz seems lite in comparision.

Although there is added weight, i guess some airiness is lost in the transistion, and there is a certain heaviness to music ( although not at the expense of timing and pace ) But overall, a considerable improvement over my marantz.

The added shimer in treble ( without being overly bright ), the punchy bass ( without being loose ) and the added weight to the music is intriguing to say the least....hahaha.

Oh well....enough of my incessant chatter....any opinions gentlemen? ( pls excuse my aimless ramblings if need be LOL )

Hi, I have done an AB of the 1072 with Marantz CD17MKIII and CD63SE at KEC before. I agreed with your findings and it's definitely better than the CD63SE by some miles. But compared to the CD17MKIII, it is too closed and muddy for my liking. But given that the DT880 is open sounding, it should be a good match.