Sign in to follow this  
LaoMao

AKG headphone...

Hi, All

I'm new here ! holiday.gif

It seems not too many membes talk about AKG headphone here...

I personally had quite a few pair of AKGs, Grados, Sennheisersand others...

Honestly, My favorite cans is still AKGs

be it a Studio K271, or a very cheap K66. There are obvious sonics difference. But they are all very clean and accurate cans. When driven by an appropriate headphone amp !

Although the K271 is not a very comfortable headphone for long minutes ohmy.gif (not even hour !) listening, the K501 is good !

Most of my Sennheiser to me is too sweet sounding, to be real. If one looks for an honest cans. I think the AKGs shouldn't be overlook.

I must admit, there are not many owners of AKG headphones other than those who own(ed) the K501 & the K1000.

Maybe in the next meet you should come along & allow us to sample your K271. wink.gif

Hi,

The akgs I have owned are K501, K240DF, K1000. They are very low-efficient headphones with great vocal and classical music playback. Also the least fatigue-causing dynamic headphones I know.

I had an audition of 271S and 240M in asia sound this afternoon. A cyrus cd (7?) and integreated amp were used to drive both headphones (maybe unfair to 271S due to its low impedance). The 240M has a full-bodied sound with more bass than 240DF (however a bit dull compared to DF). I don't like the K271S much: the sound is too clean and too oppressive perhaps because of the closeback design.

hope that some comments could be given by other 271s users tongue.gif

Guys,I am kinda new here so can anyone tell me the price of the K240 Studio and where can I get a custom cable done for the 240.I need to know wheteer it is cheaper than Malaysia and where is the best place to purchase it

I must admit, there are not many owners of AKG headphones other than those who own(ed) the K501 & the K1000.

Maybe in the next meet you should come along & allow us to sample your K271. wink.gif

No problem, I'm even willing to let everyone listen to it with my headphone amp. I designed it myself. And I don't copy anything published on the net. biggrin.gif

I didn't know, cans afficianados in Singapore has regular meeting ! Interesting !

Please let me know, I'll prepare some hardware in advanced !

my headphone amp. I designed it myself. And I don't copy anything published on the net. 

Good to know we have another DIY guru yes.gif

Please join us in the DIY forum happy.gif

Honestly, I owned both 501 and 271, and I don't have a 240...

Well between the 2, I pick the 501

Hi, care to explain why do you prefer 501 over 271?