Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Amp.

user posted image

just to share with you all. this schematic works!! had made a single channel prototype last week.

i combine a few features of Szekeres variant in headwize.

Edited by huangyong

Are you sure there is no resistor in paralel with C1?

Wait for you to make 2 channels, so you can tell us how it sounds wink.gif That's the most important thing rite happy.gif

bram,

yes, the U2 and C1 serve as DC servo. in my prototype, the DC output is measured at around 10mV.

(prototype using lousy opamps, lm358).

lack of fund now, cant make a proper amp using good parts.tongue.gif

The voltage regulator (LM317) serve as the constant current source(CCS). You can find this information in LM317 datasheet.

I use the CCS instead of a 5W resistor because the temperature increment will change the resistance and the current will not be constant anymore.

In this configuration, the voltage across the LM317 is always 1.25V, with the 10ohm resistor there, i set the idle current at 1.25V/10ohm = 125mA.

Read this in headwize.

Where did u get the voltage regulator?? i am looking for one that can voltage max at below 28volt..

Are you trying to make a constant current source or making a voltage regulator?

going to make a complete amp this week.

trying out a MOSFET power supply.

btw, i have done a Tube Buffer, check this out:

echoloft

i recommend this project for all newbies. it's very easy, suitable for those first time tubies. tongue.gif

It's time to show you my first tube project (prototype).

happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

the tube is NOS Jan 6922.

the buffer gives much fuller and richer tone, but reduce soundsatge slightly. overall, it's good for that simple circuit.

YEAH..my first tube..

Currently it's feeding my computer desktop speaker.. no speaker setup yet.. and headphone amp is in the process of making..

After days, now the tube buffer starts to shine....

tube really needs burn-in..

My setup: Creative Nomad Jukebox 2--> Altec Lansing speaker (forgot model, bought 2 years ago)

When speak of desktop speaker, people would normally think it's crap.. bright at the highs and too boommy at the lows..

I did an A/B comparison; with and without the tube buffer.

(The tube buffer does anttenuate the sound a bit.)

after going through the tube buffer, the sound is rich, warm and fuller. the overall tone is much relax and easier to listen.

Another important point is the there's depth is the music, which really amaze me. In the past, my setup had no sense of space and the 2D effect is really boring.. now i can hear a liitle bit of depth.. "cool"

In conclusion, my setup sounds better than those sub$500 branded mini-Hifi. just my 2 cent.