Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

New earphones for remote

Want to buy new earphones to replace my aging EX71SL. I've been eyeing the Shure 3c but was dissapointed that it does not come with a short cord. Can recommend me any models that does not exceed $180 and has a short cord.

Thanks

So far it seems, from what I have seen it is only Sony that has the short cord. IMO there is no reason for Shure or Etymotic to have short cords because if one really cared for the quality he'd probably bypass the remote altogether and plug directly to the headphones out. Otherwise, he'd have a portable amp. Actually I think its kind of a nuisance to have the remote control taking up the headphones out port also, isn't it?

Sharp HP-MD33 and Panasonic RP-HJE50 are two other earphones that have the short cord. The E888MP/SP is the short cord version of the E888.

You probably can't use the Sharps directly from the short cord since it's a four poles plug unless you use a Sharp MD player.

P.S.: Oh yes, the Audio-Technica CM5/CM7/CM7Ti also come with a pretty short cable + extension, so you might want to consider those too.

Edited by sigma