Sign in to follow this  
nerdie

PX 100 with iriver

Hellos, i just bought sennheiser's px100 from Hung Brothers at $70.00

I compared it to the HD497 (about $100) and PX200 (about $95) and personally i felt that the sound from the Iriver (with extreme 3D effect) is much much better with the px100, even though it's cheaper...

Btw, i listen to alternative/rock stuff, eg. blink 182 in case you guys are wondering smile.gif

/2 cents worth..

Could you specify it what way does it sound better? IIRC, the px100's is known to be quite dark- sounding, which might match well with the slightly bright-sounding iRivers.

for the px100 i felt its a very muddy phone, and i thought the px200 was pretty darn good, considering its price. For the px200 there is a common problem which is placement. You need to try out. For me it sounds the best lower and behind on the ear, relative to the normal placement. Normal placement doesn't sound good. To me it certainly outshines the px100, which i couldn't stand, a whole lot.

BTW i think the extreme 3d effect is pretty much crap, it seems to sound wider but is actually causing more problems than it solves.

Try setting your own EQ instead (of using the useless 3D) on the iriver, its really useful.

i'm a big music fan, but not an audiophile so i can't really dissect what i hear into words...

the litmus test is to take your player down, with songs that you normally listen to and try out the different headphones. i like the way my songs play with px100, px200 sounds very dry to me.. like a post menopausal ...

and i like the extreme 3d on iriver, i think it's simply the best, haha..

/to each his own