Sign in to follow this  
iffy

Recently bought e audiotrak prodigy 7.1 card...

hey anyone care to help me with some issuez? THanks. ..

I just bought this card to jack up my pc audio quality..

first .. they say the dac is 24bit/192khz .. i was wondering would it play all some files at that level? or only cds that are recorded at that level? I tried playing a cd that was 24bit/192khz and i set the sampling rate to 192khz in the audio panel .. what i heard was like very high pited sounds..what happened?

is it possible to play a cd file at 16bit/44.1khz at 24bit/192khz? will there be any dif?

If lets say the ans to my first question is that the card plays cd files at the usual 16bit44khz .. then how can there be an improvement in sound quality when other lower end cards also play the files at that level?

finally .. can i use bose speakers on a pc systrem?

THanks =)

nope. All cds are 16bit and 44.1khz. So if you see any value higher than that, it is probably the original source from 24bit 192khz etc.

It is possible to play up to 24bit 192khz and most pple use foobar2000 to upsample it. But the difference is up to you to hear. It is quite minute to me.

Yes it is possible to use your bose provided you have the correct connectors.

ok .. so any soundcard low end or high end will be playing cd files at the same quality level cos all cd files are 16bit/44khz?

the soundcard i have has 2 analog ins , 4 analog outs , 1 coaxial in and 1 coaxial out... and i want to use boss acoustimass speakers 2.1 .. what other exterior peripherals must i have to be able to use the speakers?

They will be the same quality in the sense that all CDs are in 16bit format.

But just like other CD players, playing the same CD doesn't mean both will have the same sound. For example, a $1000 cd player will most definitely sound better than a boombox even though they are playing the same disc. The reason is due to the variations in DAC, power supply or output stage from one another.

I'm not sure how the bose acoustimass works. If it has an amplifier built in, then connect your soundcard to the amp via a Mini-RCA or Mini-Mini interconnect to the soundcard's analog out (should be the green one).

http://foobar2000.org/

for playing songs in computer format and upsampling.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

for ripping CD into wav format.

If you want better sound quality for your PC, I would recommend EMU 0404 anytime.

really??

what abt compare to m-audio revolution?

presently i am using m-audio + hp 890 for dvd, mp3 and gaming.

i am considering to up my m-audio to EMU 0404. heard that EMU 0404 carter for 2.1 sound system?

Yup. EMU 0404 definately sound much better than M-Audio Revo.

Don't take my words for it, head over to HeadFi and there are a bunch of people who had listened to both will tell you the same thing as me.

EMU 0404 is for 2.0 or 2.1 system.

hey sorry to interupt...but I've got a question too, prodigy's is using a VIA chip right? just wondering if its stable on most motherboards/systems...etc ...any users encounted any stability issues ?

and hey its my first post! biggrin.gif

hey sorry to interupt...but I've got a question too, prodigy's is using a VIA chip right? just wondering if its stable on most motherboards/systems...etc ...any users encounted any stability issues ?

and hey its my first post! biggrin.gif

I have A2, Prodigy and EMU0404 all in my rig, coexisting peacefully..smile.gif

Well actually prodigy have some stuttering once in a while which maybe due to PCI bus utilization, but I guess it's because I have a lot of PCI devices tongue.gif A little tweak solved the problem..hehe

LemonT: I just got the EMU 0404.. and i want to use it coexist with my A2 ZS platinium.. what are the things to note before installing the card... drivers.. etc.

Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 is an excellent audio card. Where did you buy it and how much? I'm looking for one too.

Not much help here. Never mind, I bought one for SG$139. Should be a good deal.

whoa a little detour here

what's the advantage of having more than one soundcard in a pc system btw?

LemonT what are you doing with those soundcards anyway? can you use them simultaneously or is it for convenience: when you play games you use the output from one soundcard, play music use the other one?