Sign in to follow this  
skyskraper

finding parts in sg

ok so next week ill touch down in .sg briefly on route to london and am looking to pick up some stuff for diy. ive been asking you guys on and off for a while so i have a fair idea of where to go for stuff.

Cases: bell and bytetron.

Connectors: LHS + hung bros.

Parts: Koba + federal + well audio.

but i was wondering where else i might look for the alps blue velvet pot and transistors for the dynahi im building. theyre toshiba transistors and don't seem too easy to find in most places. so im thinking they might be findable in repair stores. would you guys be able to give me a heads up on where i should look first?

also about the well audio source of the blue velvet, someone mentioned it was linear? is this correct or is it the log pot? im not really interested in the linear version ppth.gif any other local sources besides farnell that has the blue velvet?

edit: found the blue velvet at rs for $32. 70. still after transistor source and any other interesting stores worth checking out.

Edited by skyskraper

skyskraper, RS is located at Tuas and charge a lot for delivery if total amount is below $100 (I think). Tuas is at one end of Singapore and it is not easily accessible by public transport. Just thought you may want to know.