Sign in to follow this  
xpander

are the AKG K14P and K12P in sg yet?

Last week my friend bought an AKG K14p from hungbros. I didn't see the AKG K12p though...

the former sells for $39.

By the way give me 2-3 days more and I would be able to come up with a comparison of AKG K14p vs sennheiser mx500 and maybe just put the koss ksc-75 in for fun tongue.gif . Now still burning in the AKG and Koss laugh.gif

Edited by Blues

I was about to come up with a comparison, nevermind so here it is..

roughly it depends on what kind of music you listen to. The AKG K14p sounds abit smoother and refined than the senn mx500. I would go with pop, acoustic, classical with the AKG. The sennheisers have more slam in the bass region while the AKG is tight but the slam leaves alot to be desired. Furthermore my tests in the bus have shown that the bass volume really get drowned out by the other lower freq noise. . As for the highs, the AKG is also slightly more detailed and clean. That's about all.

The soundstage is wider and there is more air around instruments compared to the mx500.

This is really a case of what u pay is what u get IMHO .. LOlx for that little more money it offers some improvement but only shortcoming is the bass volume. I've read that the 14p is very close to AKG house sound. Having heard only AKG K501 I can't safely assume so, but if anything they are indeed quite 'similar'.