Sign in to follow this  
aaa

anywhere to buy 40V output AC-DC adaptor

I need a adaptor that can output at least 40V DC from 230V AC supply.

I will be used for building a charger to charge a 24 cell NiMH (for my PPA) is series.

Since it for charger I don't need any quality with the output.

Preferably with at least 1A output capability.

The highest I can find on market is 32V output. Anyone have seen one with 40V or higher?

I guess I might have to look for non-consumer oriented products since such high voltages is capable of killing (though unlikely)

is it possible to put 2 adaptors in series to increase the total output voltage? unsure.gif

if possible then 2 pcs of 24v adaptors will giv 48v to charge the batts smile.gif

You can just integrate a 2*18v, 3A transformer with diodes and a large capacitor into the charger's circuit. The charger circuit should already have some form of voltage regulation.

Edited by Firefox

I'm aware of this possibility, but I don't like the bulk and cost associated.

Maybe I will look for a reserve voltage pump that produce a negative voltage and effectively double the voltage from an adaptor.

I'm aware of this possibility, but I don't like the bulk and cost associated.

Maybe I will look for a reserve voltage pump that produce a negative voltage and effectively double the voltage from an adaptor.

When I said 2*18v, I meant a transformer with 2 windings at 18v each. =) Not 2 pieces of 18v transformers.

I doubt you can find many charge pumps that will throw out that much current. Charging 24 cells within an hour will require more than 2A. And that's only up to about 80% capacity. The last 20% of so requires slow-charging. ie. trickle charge