Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

MAD MOD WORLD! CNY Edition!!

Guest Ruach

Quoted from another DIYer -

Separate transformer for the analog and the digital portion of the output stage is always better than just one because you will have less interference among different parts of the output stage. This is more or less a common understanding. That is also why you have multiple transformers in some cd players especially in the upper market - I think that the Electrocompaniet EMC1 has 5 transformers in total (lucky Mackie biggrin.gif )

Guest Ruach

That being said, transformer mods can get messy especially if you do not have enough space in your cd player. An external power supply box may help to tidy up the mods.

All transformers pollute mains supply. Read up on Equitech Balanced power technologies to get further understanding.

Basically, all transformers have some form of reactance to the mains. Hence, by using seperate tranformers for the digital and analog power supplies, you reduce the reactance/ pollution from each supply from the other.

Then there are other technicalities like the type of transformers used etc..

Guest Ruach

Thanks Ben for the good article.

I have 3 transfomers in my cdp now and this mod has given my cdp a 50% (no joke) improvement over my previous mods (which included the standard stuff like opamps, external clock, oscons, diodes etc).

I will stuff in one more transformer in a power supply which I will build for my external clock.