Sign in to follow this  
Hokuden

Need recommendation Cans/earfones

I know i am a 1 post wonder.. for now. Didn't know there is so much about earphones and headphones.. Please guide me along. Thx guys!

I have a IAudio G3 1gig, and is currently looking for a good Headphone or earphones. I have a little fear of earphones, as all that i have used are either the cheapo type, where they either plainly doesn't fit, or they have evil little edges that scratches the ears until it is tomato red. Clip-ons are fine. Headphones i[i am no audiophile] find seems to be the best as they completely cover the ears, and are generally comfortable. Below is my budget and stats.

MP3 Player : IAudio G3

Current earphone : Stock IAudio earphone

Budget : $60-80+? A little higher for a best pair will be fine.

Please also put down price and location to buy them.

Needs to be closed type, as i do not want to be punk, and irritate other people with my music.

[PS: I don't even know what is a portable AMP. Can anyone explain, and even beter, post some pics of them?]

DT 231 @ S$89, hung bros at sim lim square, 3rd storey

closed headphone

most good earphones or clip-ons are semi-open or open

Sennheiser mx500 [about $30 plus]

Koss ksc50 or 55 [about $50 plus]

OT: maybe u can post a short review of your mp3 player?

Edited by evo

Have u tried in-ear bud before? I would recomend

1) Panasonic RP-HJE50 Earphones ($55)

2) Sen PX200 ($90++)

Both are closed and would not leak sound. Both produce reasonable clear sound and with punchy bass. Both also need some time to fully burn in inorder to hear their full protential.. headphone.gif

As topic shows.. i am no audiophile.. but i find that IAudio G3 is money well spent. No idea if posting a link from another website forum is allowed.. If its not, moderators please edit this. Hardwarezone music forums did a review on this, and it is the main reason i bought this mp3 player. http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=917786

Sound quality is to me, high. It has what it calls "Jet Effects" where you can control bass, BBE mp3 enhancement, surround sound and such. [i was thinking of getting a Creative product.. but thanks to the forum people, i got a IAudio G3.]

Battery life is impressive. It uses a SINGLE AA battery. Distance from my house to school is one hour. So everyday I used the player for at least two hours, and it lasted me for two weeks or so.

The Stock earphones are rather high quality for my untrained ears tongue.gif . In fact, i find that I enjoy listening to my songs on my mp3 player compared to my Computer. [Creative audigy]

This player supports MP3,WMA,OGG,ASF and WAV files. Rather impressive for me. tongue.gif FM radio quality is normal, better than a creative zen micro.

Uses USB2.0, if it helps.

This is my view on the player....

I recommend the Sharp MD-33 canal earphones. I have the same problem as you, most earphones are painful on my small ears. In-ear canal phones are the most comfortable, as they sit completely inside your canal and not on the ear itself. Compared to the Sony EX71, the sharp MD33 is a lot better in terms of clarity, reproduction and tight bass. I've used the sonys and after switching to md33 I like it so much more. The only complaint is that the highs a bit metallic sounding. You can order from www.bluetin.com direct from japan, cost about $70+. Don't think Sim Lim Square got sell, I spent a whole afternoon searching around.

There are a lot more reviews of the md-33s at www.headfi.org.