Sign in to follow this  
kank_39

Just got a ATH FC7

Ok.. own up! Who's got a ATH FC7? I just got mine yesterday and i've got one think to say. IT ROCKS! I listen to pretty heavy stuff (you know.. those stuff which most think it's noise) and these cans really performed beyond my expectations. The crisp of the treble is excellent and the bass is... BOOMING! Man.. the periods where the double bass drums pounding away never fails to prevent me from doing some head banging party.gif on ths bus. wink.gif This set of cans is really value for money and also for its aesthetic values.

Overall, money well spent and highly recommended portable headphones!

Cheers! biggrin.gif

Interesting review, and glad you like your new cans. But I was just wondering if "booming" bass is a desirable attribute?

Ok, maybe boomy is not the right word to use but the bass is really powerful on the FC7 and maybe the bass may originate from the source. I'm using a Sony NetMD player. When the megabass level is set to level 0 or 1, the bass sounds pretty mild but when it's upped to level 2, the bass simply kicked in with some awesome ooomph that told me that i got a right set of cans. I'm more or less a basshead so the amount of bass that a set of cans can produce without producing even the slightest of those funny fuzzy sound is very very important for me.

The only problem i foresee is that the ear pads may flake a la those sony headphones and maybe it might be too tight for some of you. However for people like me who love getting real upclose with the sound driver, it isn't really a problem. headphone.gif

[EDIT] Oh yah.. i forgot to mention that this is a purely portable headphone and thus it is of course not comparable with those headphones that is used for home usage but it's really good considering the extremely affordable price tag. wink.gif

Edited by kank_39

i also hav the FC-7 smile.gif

it does hav very good bass for a portable headphone, almost as good as Grados, but you won't know the details that u are loosing until u hear a Grado wink.gif

it may be a murky headphone...but its good value for money, i'm using my FC-7 for PC now

That's why i edited my previous message saying that it's a portable headphone and thus it should be judged on a different class from those Grados, DT etc etc.

In fact, i was contemplating on getting a Grados SR-60 but then the size and Grados being an open set of cans, just doesn't fit the bill of being a great portable companion on public transport. smile.gif